I'm not buying the apple connection, but maybe that's just because I really don't want it to be true.

I think nobody really buys it, but the hype has to continue. Right now we have nothing else to go on.

The link to Apple is really far fetched anyway since we got there through Zane Lowe who ended up having nothing to do with the single in the end. The only connecting we have now is Matt paying respects to Zane Lowe.

Bottom line.. Muse pls, give us something

I think nobody really buys it, but the hype has to continue. Right now we have nothing else to go on.

The link to Apple is really far fetched anyway since we got there through Zane Lowe who ended up having nothing to do with the single in the end. The only connecting we have now is Matt paying respects to Zane Lowe.

Bottom line.. Muse pls, give us something

But I figure the Jimmy I. mention was noteworthy because if nothing else he probably wanted to set up this thing for Muse with Apple. All conjecture of course, but it is rather highly coincidental that Matt dropped a tidbit out of the sky mentioning Zane Lowe, which had no basis, with a connection to Apple which could explain some of the things that Muse teased that we had no prior explanation for, conjecture or not, but a least this conjecture seems more rooted in a probable culmination in an event of some sort.

But I figure the Jimmy I. mention was noteworthy because if nothing else he probably wanted to set up this thing for Muse with Apple. All conjecture of course, but it is rather highly coincidental that Matt dropped a tidbit out of the sky mentioning Zane Lowe, which had no basis, with a connection to Apple which could explain some of the things that Muse teased that we had no prior explanation for, conjecture or not, but a least this conjecture seems more rooted in a probable culmination in an event of some sort.

There's a simple, and obvious basis for the Zane Lowe post, as this was his last day on Radio One.

Many other musicians also posted on twitter for his departure.

The Jimmy I. connection, of course, is curious.

Might get sent to muse.mu limbo for this.. But like why the fuck does it matter if we get a little off topic every once in a while? If you are solely looking for news on the release couldn't you just look up "Muse new single" on Google every once in a while?... I mean tell me if I'm wrong but are we not here to discuss?

You're an asshole stay on topic #drones #humandrones

Just got info from a very reliable source, the single isn't called Psycho.

It's renamed Bastards instead. Ade Edmondson will shout the titel throughout the whole lenght of the song. At the end there is some kind of an explosion, people hammered down, and a guy saying, that if you don't buy this record, you're an utter, utter, utter.....

Just got info from a very reliable source, the single isn't called Psycho.

It's renamed Bastards instead. Ade Edmondson will shout the titel throughout the whole lenght of the song. At the end there is some kind of an explosion, people hammered down, and a guy saying, that if you don't buy this record, you're an utter, utter, utter.....

:)

This dutch dj's mentioned earlier where really vague about it.

It's one of the dj's birthday tomorrow.

"Wouldn't it be cool to hear the new Muse single tomorrow on your birthday? Or was it next week?"

"Yeah it would be awesome to have a little "amuse" before I send out the big cakes"

(Big cakes reffering to real big cakes he's sending to listeners)

No.

But Matt tweeted about meeting Jimmy Iovine "in a bit". Therefore speculation ensued

For all we know, this could be a cheeky reference to actually meeting him Monday at the event. "In a bit" might be his new "soon", so we have no idea of what length of time that is referencing

OK guys. Don't know about single release date. But we might know the album release date.

1) I agree that Matt meeting w Jimmy Iovine & tweeting about it out of the blue is a clue. There's something afoot with Muse & Apple/Beats. The guys might be ironing out the details & signing contracts etc in LA so why not rehearse while they're at it?

2) Don't think anything will happen at the March 9th Apple watch event- the focus is the watch not music. The 1st single will be released eventually in the next few weeks.

3) vegardrv upthread brought an article saying Apple/Beats music streaming service will be launched at the keynote address of the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Fran on June 8th. source: http://9to5mac.com/2015/03/05/apple-plans-relaunched-beats-streaming-music-service-for-wwdc-skipping-march-event/

Only problem is that Muse is in the middle of festival tour in June. However, there happens to be a 5 day break (June 7-11) with no gigs. Plenty of time to fly to San Fran & do other album promo in LA for an album that drops on... June 8th! The album will be exclusively streamed for sometime starting that day on Apple/Beats & eventually go elsewhere.

That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

This dutch dj's mentioned earlier where really vague about it.

It's one of the dj's birthday tomorrow.

"Wouldn't it be cool to hear the new Muse single tomorrow on your birthday? Or was it next week?"

"Yeah it would be awesome to have a little "amuse" before I send out the big cakes"

(Big cakes reffering to real big cakes he's sending to listeners)

That moment when someone tries speculating over what random nobody DJs are saying on air to draw more listeners in rather than what Matt is saying.

Logic

maxresdefault.jpg

That moment when someone tries speculating over what random nobody DJs are saying on air to draw more listeners in rather than what Matt is saying.

Ah well, 99% it's bullshit indeed.

It was a quite short mention of it.

Normally when they have a scoop they'll mention it 101 times an hour the day before it is actually aired.