The Instagram was posted at 11 EST on Tuesday (the event is Monday 1 PM). That would make 6 days and 15 hours Tuesday at 1 PM EST, unless my math is really bad

As someone said a page or two back, Muse has been rehearsing for something lately, so a live performance anytime soon is very much possible

Also, the thought of Muse unveiling this "the govt and corporations make us mindless drones" single at an Apple event is turning my stomach...

Let's hope it's not. I'd rather wait.

It turns my stomach thinking muse would think content like that would still be edgy and offensive, and interesting

It turns my stomach thinking muse would think content like that would still be edgy and offensive, and interesting

It's been turning my stomach since at least Unnatural Selection.

But, it can still be good if done right. And people are still easily offended.

I'm still betting on swearing, though. Like, midlife crisis level cussing.

*edit: from a standpoint of gaining new fans, and possibly breaking into the US market, Twilight wasn't a bad marketing strategy.

Unfortunately, songs like Uprising exist for the same reason.

Apple Watch TV promos with Muse like the U2 advertise... the best promotion possible for a new album.

The U2 thing pissed off more people than it impressed. One of the worst ideas of all time.

I like U2 at one point in my life, and I still didn't bother listening to the album after it was forced upon me, for free.

I obviously can't say there wasn't a radio station anywhere that didn't play PiB years after the release, but no, there weren't any singles or anything.

Muse as a whole didn't get massive airplay in the first place in the US, until Madness, although Uprising was big in some places.

The major radio stations here didn't play a single Muse song until TR.

tbf, if there are "diehard" Muse fans that came out of Madness's runaway popularity, they would have listened to some of their other work and shouldn't be more surprised than the rest of us.

T2L was so diverse that a lot of people who were obsessed with Madness might not have even liked a single other song off that album. :chuckle:

Resistance, SMBH, Uprising, and Starlight all got massive exposure in Utah and San Diego. Also I never heard it in SD but in Utah I heard Butterflies and Hurricanes quite a bit! But there was a girl in my school who went to the same Muse concert that I did and tweeted something along the lines of "So disappointed I payed to see Muse and they didn't even play Neutron Star Collison" following the concert. This girl was lucky enough to hear B&H and that was her complaint. Although small in number, Twilight-specific Muse fans still exist. :LOL:

I like U2 at one point in my life, and I still didn't bother listening to the album after it was forced upon me, for free.

You didn't miss much.

I doubt they'd do another U2, but Muse just being at a launch event would be a mutually beneficial agreement. Although you'd expect it would be announced prior to it rather than it being a surprise, and it since it's on Monday... I'm going to say it's doubtful.

The U2 thing pissed off more people than it impressed. One of the worst ideas of all time.

I only meant the TV advert, no the album in mobile/watch like a spyware XD.

The U2 thing was a suicide.

I think we will be seeing muse perform at the Apple Event, it just fits.

1) The rehearsals pointing towards a live performance

2) Matt meeting Jimmy I from Apple

3) The drone photo being posted 06 days and 15 hours (ish) from the start of the event (ok this is possibly a long shot)

4) Look at the past performances at the end of Apple events, foo fighters, coldplay, U2... Muse would fit in well there.

5) Apple have always showed interest in Muse, they have used The Resistance album cover in numerous old iphone/ipod adverts etc.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic because Apple and Muse are my two favourite things and this would honestly make my year.

I think we will be seeing muse perform at the Apple Event, it just fits.

1) The rehearsals pointing towards a live performance

2) Matt meeting Jimmy I from Apple

3) The drone photo being posted 06 days and 15 hours (ish) from the start of the event (ok this is possibly a long shot)

4) Look at the past performances at the end of Apple events, foo fighters, coldplay, U2... Muse would fit in well there.

5) Apple have always showed interest in Muse, they have used The Resistance album cover in numerous old iphone/ipod adverts etc.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic because Apple and Muse are my two favourite things and this would honestly make my year.

How do I upvote your post?

I really don't see the Apple thing adding up, if the song is supposed to be "offensive", why would they premiere it at such an event? Still, the evidence is intriguing, but it just doesn't seem to sit well with the supposed themes of the album. Unless...

...they're trying to take down the evil corporations from the inside! :LOL:

I was tolerating Apple, but there's only so much "losing" my purchases, trying 30 times to get my device to sync, and random device failures I am willing to take on a device that isn't even memory upgradable.

Apple WOULD be great promotion for them... but also inarguably laughable if they're pushing these "edgy" anti-establishment themes.