Florence and the Machine have an album coming out on the 29th of May and it's already on iTunes with a purchasable single and pre order options! So if muse are planning a May release than what the hell are they doing?!

It's pretty obvious Muse have chosen to keep a somewhat low profile so far. It's just a different choice. Maybe this time they feel the music is strong enough to market itself once it's out.

Note: I don't like Florence and the Machine.

Don't get why you felt the need to point this out.

Can't view it right now, but what was the picture Tom posted on Twitter earlier?

Looks like a photoshoot was going on. The picture was a silhouette of a woman, pretty uninteresting.

I feel like two and a half months isn't enough time to get a promotional cycle going, this has been the driest since TR I think

The Resistance had tons of promotion, more than T2L. First we had the album title and track names. We had the USOE release. The 30 second previews, tons of reviews of press hearing the album. Then uprising being released. Here we are like 2-3 months away and we aren't even positive the album is called Drones. Could be a working title. Remember when everyone latched onto "Entropy" last time around? No tracklisting. No snippets of songs. You can't really count a riff by itself and drums alone as well. Or an orchestral bit. Everything is totally out of context. Unless I missed something today.

There was an orchestral bit from the Milan recordings.

And the title is Drones.

Yeah but again its out of context. We don't know if that part was as backing or a main driving point of any song. We really have nothing right now. And I agree about Drones but its not really 100% confirmed. They're using the drones hastag everywhere but hell last time around there was a countdown to "entropy" on the front page of this site and that lead alot of people thinking that was the title.

Yeah but again its out of context. We don't know if that part was as backing or a main driving point of any song. We really have nothing right now. And I agree about Drones but its not really 100% confirmed. They're using the drones hastag everywhere but hell last time around there was a countdown to "entropy" on the front page of this site and that lead alot of people thinking that was the title.

TAnmuuF.jpg

or Matt Mahurin's blog post

The 2nd Law is, as far as I'm concerned, still the most un-hyped album from a major band I've come across. Everything from the marketing to the tepid album art screamed lazy. I barely remember anything from the entire experience leading up to the release while I could write a goddamn symphony about the amount of lead up to The Resistance and the amount of activity that was going down outside of just the viral campaign.

Hype is a double-edged sword but The Resistance felt like an album that literally tried to achieve the biggest scale of any Muse release yet, where-as with T2L they literally said "oh by the way dubstep" in a reveal trailer and let that bolt of lightning be the entire impetus of their marketing hype train. And I guess The Olympics.

I really hope they actually "try" with Drones because I don't want to feel like this is another album that's just going to come and go.

The 2nd Law is, as far as I'm concerned, still the most un-hyped album from a major band I've come across. Everything from the marketing to the tepid album art screamed lazy. I barely remember anything from the entire experience leading up to the release while I could write a goddamn symphony about the amount of lead up to The Resistance and the amount of activity that was going down outside of just the viral campaign.

Hype is a double-edged sword but The Resistance felt like an album that literally tried to achieve the biggest scale of any Muse release yet, where-as with T2L they literally said "oh by the way dubstep" in a reveal trailer and let that bolt of lightning be the entire impetus of their marketing hype train. And I guess The Olympics.

I really hope they actually "try" with Drones because I don't want to feel like this is another album that's just going to come and go.

At this day and age and also at this point in a band's career albums just seem to come and go in general. It's been the same for bands bigger than Muse, whatever hype exists is very short-lived, tours extend way beyond the longevity of an album's radio presence. Only albums with four or five strong singles on an album seem to stick around for a while. Longevity is something for pop acts, and maybe Coldplay. Not even U2 or Foo Fighters create a lasting buzz outside of their fan base.

So, perhaps Muse are counting on their own sound and quality and the loyalty of their fan base this time around. I'm sure they'll still sell out and have us lurking the Sexy Plane thread during the tour, and that's where their cash flow is going to come from. (The tour, not the Sexy Plane)