Someone posted In Ear Monitors recording of the SBE show !

I always wonder how they get these... Record the unencrypted (?) wireless signal maybe ?

They're definitely unencrypted. The only one I know of that uses encryption is a Mipro system. I believe Muse uses Sennheiser. Most of them do have some kind of companding in the RF signal that means you can't just pick it up with any old radio tuned to the same frequency.

A way I know it could be done, but would be logistically ridiculous is to take the same model receiver with you, search the channels until you find one of the iem signals and then record the output onto something. Now, how you get that in there, and then power it (battery? wall outlet?) is beyond me.

They're definitely unencrypted. The only one I know of that uses encryption is a Mipro system. I believe Muse uses Sennheiser. Most of them do have some kind of companding in the RF signal that means you can't just pick it up with any old radio tuned to the same frequency.

A way I know it could be done, but would be logistically ridiculous is to take the same model receiver with you, search the channels until you find one of the iem signals and then record the output onto something. Now, how you get that in there, and then power it (battery? wall outlet?) is beyond me.

Thanks for the nice explanation!

I agree it remains a mystery to me, unless someone from the staff recorded it...

Someone posted In Ear Monitors recording of the SBE show !

I always wonder how they get these... Record the unencrypted (?) wireless signal maybe ?

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/wireless-microphone-bodypack-receiver-monitoring-system-ek-300-iem-g3

https://www.canford.co.uk/Products/Archive/93-4276_TASCAM-DR-100-MKII-PORTABLE-RECORDER-For-SD-SDHC-card-stereo-4x-inbuilt-microphone-mic-line-in

or something like that. They're not encrypted. Although I'd imagine a band like Muse would probably be using digital by now so just pricey enit

Let me know how it is, I've been eyeing it, but considering I JUST bought what is basically a muff pedal I dont know if I can justify it.

I will! The shipment was delayed, so I probably will get it tomorrow. Kitrae posted on TGP that EHX nailed it comparing to his Civil War and Tall Font muffs, so I'm really excited