He's using the kempers. I got a picture of his rack setup (thinking it was MB's :facepalm: ) and there aren't any Marshalls in there at all. Not even empty ones.

Also, new bass for Royal Mike? I haven't seen it before anyway.

slmpjVk.png?1

And my stalking attempt wasn't successful. Although TVL did walk past everyone... surprised how chill everyone was compared to similar situations with certain other bands.

And my stalking attempt wasn't successful. Although TVL did walk past everyone... surprised how chill everyone was compared to similar situations with certain other bands.

How was the gig?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41187206/josh-homme-from-queens-of-the-stone-age-to-read-cbeebies-bedtime-story

Not quite lullabies, but close enough.

How was the gig?

:facemelt:

Apparently the setlist had a couple more songs, but still...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queens-of-the-stone-age/2017/capitol-theatre-port-chester-ny-33e2e025.html

Wondering if they'll make any significant changes when they play MSG next month. 20,000 rather than 1,800 people.

I need to find some better earplugs. Could barely hear the guitars at times.

Better than last time when I didn't wear any at all though.

So he doesn't have even the MB's in there anymore? Eh, I guess he's made some better profiles then, sounded soooo much better than usually.

Wait, does MB have a third meaning?

I meant I thought it was originally Matt's setup, as I keep forgetting that Chris switched over as well. I might be wrong though. Is the DBS rack mount? I couldn't get a good enough picture of it from where I was.

Wait, does MB have a third meaning?

I meant I thought it was originally Matt's setup, as I keep forgetting that Chris switched over as well. I might be wrong though. Is the DBS rack mount? I couldn't get a good enough picture of it from where I was.

Yes, MB can also mean Markbass and afaik Chris used their amps for a while :D

And uh, I think the DBS can be rackmount? Mine is in a solid protective case of it's own, but as Chris at least used to have at least 6 of those, I'd assume they'd be on a rack setup.

Soo, does Chris run his sound through amps anymore at all? Or, to put it in a different way, has he brought back some amps? In approx. 2012-2016, I thought his sound was fucking weaaaaaaak. But after seeing them in Reading, it was, imo, much better. Thought he might've changed the setup again.

Pretty sure I saw @boringroadie or one of the other ones tweet a photo of the mic'd bass amps backstage a year or two ago

I have an old bootleg of SOAD from around 2001 recorded just after Chop Suey blew up, Serge and Daron rip into the audience for not knowing the first record. It always struck me as quite an ungrateful thing to do, considering they were playing a venue 10 times the size of the ones they played in support of the first record, off the back of the influx of new fans.

And don't forget, it wasn't that long ago that Muse were selling out stadiums in Europe and playing clubs in the US.

Starcaster bass is fantastic. Still have to play around with the action a bit to remove fret buzz, but I otherwise have no complaints on built, construction, playability, and sound.

That's awesome. Did you get the black or natural one?

The Gretsch I have is such a comfortable bass that I don't think I'll ever be able to play a long scale again.

Yep QOTSA killed it last night, and that set list was dandy.

I loved the 'this is for all the fans that have been with us since the beginning'. Take notes Matt.

What song was that before?

I can't complain about what they played here (even if it was a shorter set), as I already managed to see the other songs they're rotating. Wouldn't have minded in the fade though.

That's awesome. Did you get the black or natural one?

The Gretsch I have is such a comfortable bass that I don't think I'll ever be able to play a long scale again.

The black. It's in basically mint condition. Still fine-tuning the truss rod and action a bit, but it plays really well. Quite heavy for a semi-hollow body though.

The QOTSA/Royal Blood show was fantastic. Tone, levels, and everything was great. Crowd was pretty meh into Royal Blood but can't expect much more I guess.

Both Josh and Mike seemed substantially drunk during their respective sets. Didn't effect the music at least.

The QOTSA/Royal Blood show was fantastic. Tone, levels, and everything was great. Crowd was pretty meh into Royal Blood but can't expect much more I guess.

Both Josh and Mike seemed substantially drunk during their respective sets. Didn't effect the music at least.

Yeah, it was the same here, but the overall reaction seemed positive.

Did you get a poster? :ninja:

Josh didn't look too well during the show here :erm: Might have been the reason for a few songs being skipped.

Did you get a poster? :ninja:

Josh didn't look too well during the show here :erm: Might have been the reason for a few songs being skipped.

I wasn't going to, but the PGH poster was pretty sweet, so yes. Can't turn down skeleton Medusa shredding. Surprisingly good print too.

Mike was a stumbling around fun kind of drunk. Josh was a sort-of middle-age dad who gets pounded on a Wednesday night at the local watering hole drunk. He said he loved our city, but I'm not entirely sure he knew what city that was :stunned:

What was this about? He seems a bit stressed, but I don't know... they haven't really been a band that trashes the stage (at least not in the past 15 years)

No clue. He went on some rant before Domesticated Animals about this being his release and how he was drunk. Maybe he does that every show, but it at least hinted of depression.

Edited by bridge