Anyone ever play a starcaster bass? Been meaning to try a shorter scale bass for some time now but no one around me seems to stock 'em.

If we're talking about the same thing, yeah I've tried one once, did not like it at all. Might just be because shorter scale is not for me. But I'd give it a shot if you really think shorter scale could be your thing.

If we're talking about the same thing, yeah I've tried one once, did not like it at all. Might just be because shorter scale is not for me. But I'd give it a shot if you really think shorter scale could be your thing.

I'm a taller guy so I have doubts I'll like it. That being said, I can't imagine it being a significant departure from a guitar.

Can't talk for the Starcaster since I've never seen (let alone played) one in person, but I really love my shortscale Gretsch. It's quite a comfortable transition from a guitar, especially for a 5 ft 1" girl with arms proportional to my heights (read: short). I couldn't play my J bass much after I discovered how comfortable a shortscale is, so I sold it :facepalm:

Interesting...bought something earlier today and then received this message.

I apologize. I have to cancel this order. I will refund you right now.

Hurricane Harvey has changed some plans for me and I can't sell this amp now cause other amps are damaged. You are also too far for me. I would be dipping into my own pocket to ship it. Apologies all around. This usually never happens.

Thanks for understanding and have a good week!

I was going to leave this alone, as I didn't realize he was located there, but then noticed it was put back up for sale for $100 more than before...

Yeah that's some shady stuff. At least give you the first opportunity to pay the extra, who knows, $40 on top for shipping. Still not really legal or ethical, but happens all the time. I've 'sold' that same item on ebay 5 times before shipping it. 4 times people just won and then never paid or responded to communication.

Luckily, sites usually side on the buyers side, so you could take it up with Reverb if you really felt like it.

So I'm now a Starcaster owner :LOL: sight unseen except online pics.

Had no real intentions of winning the ebay auction, just threw an impulse bid in I was sure would get beat and didn't get beat :stunned:

So if my lack of self control leads to a bass that's unplayable, any K&Ters want first dibs for a fair market price (probably not even what I paid)? :LOL:

That fuzz could be pretty sweet on bass. Depends of course on how well it reacts/tracks on bass with the octave effect.

It's upper octave though. I wouldn't expect it to work too well for that.

Everyone seems to be buying these, including MB himself. Am I missing out?

https://www.ehx.com/products/green-russian-big-muff

So I'm now a Starcaster owner :LOL: sight unseen except online pics.

Had no real intentions of winning the ebay auction, just threw an impulse bid in I was sure would get beat and didn't get beat :stunned:

So if my lack of self control leads to a bass that's unplayable, any K&Ters want first dibs for a fair market price (probably not even what I paid)? :LOL:

I wouldn't say unplayable. The short scale basses definitely feel more like a regular 6 string guitar. Maybe you can even put two guitar strings on for the D and G strings :ninja:

Is it better to use lead or lead free solder in a pedal, or does it not matter?

Mate... you should ask on TGP - most gentlemen will argue that leaded sounds better and what was used in the old days (when they started playing guitar) and that there's no reason to change to this diet solder... On the other hand, many of the single adult middle aged men who play dumble "reproductions" and klon "tributes" will argue that leaded is bad for the environment and that you'll burn in h*ll (no swearing allowed on a family appropriate website) with your leaded solder... until they have to eat their own words when some younger man in his mid to late 30s (37 to be exact) points out that they paid fuck knows how much for a guitar made out of endangered rainforest wood, and uses batteries in their klon copy because 9v adapters make their tone too stiff and they are also morally wrong...especially if it's a 1-spot power adapter.

In short, it doesn't really matter. You can get the usual 60/40 stuff.

Mate... you should ask on TGP - most gentlemen will argue that leaded sounds better and what was used in the old days (when they started playing guitar) and that there's no reason to change to this diet solder... On the other hand, many of the single adult middle aged men who play dumble "reproductions" and klon "tributes" will argue that leaded is bad for the environment and that you'll burn in h*ll (no swearing allowed on a family appropriate website) with your leaded solder... until they have to eat their own words when some younger man in his mid to late 30s (37 to be exact) points out that they paid fuck knows how much for a guitar made out of endangered rainforest wood, and uses batteries in their klon copy because 9v adapters make their tone too stiff and they are also morally wrong...especially if it's a 1-spot power adapter.

In short, it doesn't really matter. You can get the usual 60/40 stuff.

:LOL: thanks, I saw some stuff that said lead was easier to work with, and some other stuff contradicting that so it all got a bit TGP. Now to not break anything with the soldering iron...

:LOL: thanks, I saw some stuff that said lead was easier to work with, and some other stuff contradicting that so it all got a bit TGP. Now to not break anything with the soldering iron...

If you are building from scratch, use whatever you want. Bear in mind that leaded solder doesnt play nice with unleaded so dont mix the two if you can avoid it.

I use lead solder because it has a lower melt temp so its easier to work with and looks prettier, and that is more important to me than brain cells. Its also easier to kill delicate components with unleaded solder.

I wouldn't say unplayable. The short scale basses definitely feel more like a regular 6 string guitar. Maybe you can even put two guitar strings on for the D and G strings :ninja:

going to try one of these pedals tonight if my local music shop has it (which i doubt). I need a proper bass overdrive.

when the bass comes in, I'm going to play around with running different outputs of my tuning pedal to the bass and guitar amps and see what type of tones I can get and see whether I feel like investing in an LS-2 or not. Not specifically trying to exclusively get Mike's tone, but that certainly isn't a bad thing to strive for. :ninja:

If you already have a muff, I don't think you're missing out at all. I never had one before, and the price was too good to pass up (plus the design is really nice). Of course I don't have a real muff to compare it with, but Bassic Gear Review posted some videos of it yesterday and it sounds pretty close to the TF muff to my ears

[YT]

[/YT]

Although I think Chris primarily uses the bubble font version, so I still need Crowella's version when it comes out :p

If you already have a muff, I don't think you're missing out at all. I never had one before, and the price was too good to pass up (plus the design is really nice). Of course I don't have a real muff to compare it with, but Bassic Gear Review posted some videos of it yesterday and it sounds pretty close to the TF muff to my ears

[YT]

[/YT]

Although I think Chris primarily uses the bubble font version, so I still need Crowella's version when it comes out :p

I can't tell the difference at all, or the difference I heard was barely there. I can't wait to see how many people go " the older one really has this nice crisp high that the newer doesn't" when there's little to no difference :LOL::LOL:

I can't tell the difference at all, or the difference I heard was barely there. I can't wait to see how many people go " the older one really has this nice crisp high that the newer doesn't" when there's little to no difference :LOL::LOL:

I wouldn't be surprised if they already did it. And yeah, EHX did a really great job with this pedal. The paint is really nice too, making it look much better than their usual silkscreened muffs.

I wish they'd reissue the black one too. Would buy that in a heartbeat.

I wouldn't be surprised if they already did it. And yeah, EHX did a really great job with this pedal. The paint is really nice too, making it look much better than their usual silkscreened muffs.

I wish they'd reissue the black one too. Would buy that in a heartbeat.

The paint on it is REALLY nice yeah, especially the russian lettering - nice attention to detail!

In terms of black muffs the pedal I just got recently fills that space REALLY well, the Fuzz Peaks from Adventure audio. Thoouuughhh it's not a 1:1 black muff, it's like that with a few upgrades like a feedback loop.

However I wouldn't mind a big box official EHX one, though I know they're focusing on the nano/small pedal market out there. I personally have no need to save space on my pedalboard and I want it to look amazing :p

Why doesn't the burst go all the way around? Or is that a feature reserved for the premium version?

@nerd herd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqxnPCWdgHQ

Doesn't sound that good... probably just the amp though. Would've sounded better through a soldano...

I really like how it sounded myself, standard 6505 sound I think. I'm a metalhead by nature so maybe thats it :LOL: