Yeah :awesome:. I've not heard about that, what happened? Could have been worse, it was only an iPhone 4S.

They only just came out with the 5 (not 5S) at the time :nerd:

I was getting my picture taken with them (and also my infinity land CD booklet signed :awesome: see below) and the moment it was being snapped on this lad's point and shoot, I accidentally knocked my hand against James' bag and being slightly nervous, I dropped it on the concrete and broke the screen

1382213_10151944294050944_1689501487_n.jpg?oh=d714d05fc8263e747b8206c5e7cb4b9b&oe=58518A14

They were very nice though (I certainly didn't make a big deal over it), and still took the picture with me.

Oh and I almost forgot... Simon gave me a compliment on my Mansons shirt :facemelt:

The End

Also, did you get the box set of the new album? If so, who signed it and what lyric did you get?

Using my gf's acoustic guitar I found I know a lot more than I thought :D I should try learning some Muse songs, but not sure what would work well on acoustic for beginners.

Unintended is boring so no.

Soldier's Poem?

:awesome:

I don't know. I wouldn't consider most of their acoustic songs good for beginners.

The only song I really bothered learning was Bedroom Acoustics. Most of it wasn't too difficult (and finger picking isn't one of my strengths) but there are a few tricky parts, even in the verses.

On a side note, I just looked up some acoustic versions of other songs, and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puHZCVa65jc

Interesting how he's playing it like he does on the piano, rather than having a delay repeat those two last notes like the usual live version. He certainly doesn't seem unable to do it anyway.

They were very nice though (I certainly didn't make a big deal over it), and still took the picture with me.

Oh and I almost forgot... Simon gave me a compliment on my Mansons shirt :facemelt:

The End

Also, did you get the box set of the new album? If so, who signed it and what lyric did you get?

Nice. Simon Neil + Mansons = :awesome:. Haven't seen any videos of him playing his MA live though.

Nah, I didn't buy the box set (but probably should have). Did you get one?

Using my gf's acoustic guitar I found I know a lot more than I thought :D I should try learning some Muse songs, but not sure what would work well on acoustic for beginners.

Unintended is boring so no.

Falling Down, Screenager and Hoodoo work fairly well on acoustic.

Nice. Simon Neil + Mansons = :awesome:. Haven't seen any videos of him playing his MA live though.

Nah, I didn't buy the box set (but probably should have). Did you get one?

Mate I know mate. He's played the black one live (I know there's a video somewhere), but not the full custom as far as I know

And yes I did :ninja: Has Simon Niel's signature, and a lyric from howl

The kind of songs I can play are mostly chord based (e.g. the chords part from Trains by Porcupine Tree)

I should also get some picking technique going, so I guess soldier's poem might work.

I'll have to check that out. I haven't listened to porcupine tree in quite a while. What else have you been working on? Have you done Wonderwall yet?

I quite like the acoustic version of this song. Maybe because the original is so brilliant to begin with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dy56iQd6Jg

Also, this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsPCx_G5tFM

Today is gonna be the day.

That they're gonna throw it back to you

Believe it or not, for years I refused to learn Wonderwall, and today I thought: let's learn it properly. So yes :chuckle:

You refused to learn it? That's fair enough I guess.

I think I learned it when I was 13 or so. My cousin taught me it in DGCFAD tuning :confused: He never played in standard.

I never learned wonderwall, does that mean I can't guitar anymore?

Found the video I mentioned yesterday

-iLaxDDU1JM

nerd herd, were you at any of these gigs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7aA0FLWsbY

Poor Mike :chuckle:

:awesome: Forgot he had a black MA as well.

I wasn't at those gigs :'(. The videos make up for missing them though... almost.

I never learned wonderwall, does that mean I can't guitar anymore?

:awesome: Forgot he had a black MA as well.

I wasn't at those gigs :'(. The videos make up for missing them though... almost.

You still can, but just as long as you don't intentionally learn it.

almost.... that word always hits me in the feels when it comes to gigs.

Like missing what would have been my first gig in 2006 at a small venue.

Or that "scheduling conflict" in 2013.

Or like when I missed CE by one night in 2010.

What about you?

Also, since heyjackk is viewing the thread, any thoughts on the drones tour ending and... well, you know :stunned:

I'm not familiar with them. Give me some stuff to check out first.

It's a bit awkward going alone and not knowing any of the songs. For example, I wasn't familiar with half the set Biffy Clyro played here in 2013, but luckily most people don't headbang in time to their stuff anyway.

sure, they only have 2 albums so far, so it's not that hard to catch up :awesome: I'm having my boyfriend go through a CHVRCHES training regime so he can enjoy the concert too :awesome:

I'm not a fan of electronic synth pop stuff, so I have no idea why I like this band so much. Lauren's voice is just :awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zinEC8fdyfs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQoXwGu15HI

You still can, but just as long as you don't intentionally learn it.

almost.... that word always hits me in the feels when it comes to gigs.

Like missing what would have been my first gig in 2006 at a small venue.

Or that "scheduling conflict" in 2013.

Or like when I missed CE by one night in 2010.

What about you?

Also, since heyjackk is viewing the thread, any thoughts on the drones tour ending and... well, you know :stunned:

Dem feels bro. I've missed many gigs that I could've gone to (including Muse 3 tours in a row :facepalm:) so can sympathise with you.

That's quite gutting about missing CE. Could be worse, you could have been the weirdo who yelled "aw yes!" as soon as Matt's guitar tech handed him the 7 string E shape from under the stage. I was sitting fairly far back that gig so got some weird looks before the song started :LOL:

you could have been the weirdo who yelled "aw yes!" as soon as Matt's guitar tech handed him the 7 string E shape

I did that last time, haha! The time before that, I was really far back but still went mental as soon as I heard the first *DUM-DUM* of the drums, as I knew exactly what was coming up, haha! It was nice to get a second chance to see it up close though.

I think it was one of the CE-7s last time round actually. Would have been the original at Wembley though.

20150923_221420.jpg

Edited by Bs

Dem feels bro. I've missed many gigs that I could've gone to (including Muse 3 tours in a row :facepalm:) so can sympathise with you.

That's quite gutting about missing CE. Could be worse, you could have been the weirdo who yelled "aw yes!" as soon as Matt's guitar tech handed him the 7 string E shape from under the stage. I was sitting fairly far back that gig so got some weird looks before the song started :LOL:

I've only missed two shows - I've always gone out of my way to see them :facepalm: #fanboi

I missed QOTSA twice, and what's worse is that one of the shows was on that self titled reunion tour in 2011. The other one was just because it was dangerous traveling in that amount of snow. Seeing them a few years later was worth the wait though.

I've never witnessed Matt being handed the 7 string from under the stage. I saw the 5 string bass in Chris' rack, but they played assassin at the show in LA instead. We probably would have got it if someone actually requested it

CEhobbJWIAADW9w.jpg

also, this makes me want to put together another warmoth... nice (look away Jaicen)

IMG_5633.jpg

I did that last time, haha! The time before that, I was really far back but still went mental as soon as I heard the first *DUM-DUM* of the drums, as I knew exactly what was coming up, haha! It was nice to get a second chance to see it up close though.

I think it was one of the CE-7s last time round actually. Would have been the original at Wembley though.

20150923_221420.jpg

Lovely. Did you take that picture?

Don't worry, neither have I, haha! There's much better songs on that album anyway. :ninja:

Glad I'm not alone with these things.

It probably was a CE-7 rather than the original one. Couldn't tell from that far back...even the video taken on my iPhone 6s didn't get enough detail :chuckle: Sadly I didn't see it the next night when I was at the barrier... they played Feeling Good in that slot :facepalm:

That stealthy strat looks great.

Edited by nerd herd

Glad I'm not alone with these things.

It probably was a CE-7 rather than the original one. Couldn't tell from that far back...even the video taken on my iPhone 6s didn't get enough detail :chuckle: Sadly I didn't see it the next night when I was at the barrier... they played Feeling Good in that slot :facepalm:

That stealthy strat looks great.

You went to the same gig as Bs? Damn... I would've been stalking him the entire time.

My partner did, but she was right next to me. I don't think I've ever taken a picture at a concert to be honest. I prefer to just take it in first hand.

Yeah, I've found that even taking pictures is too much of a distraction. I made the mistake of recording three songs at a gig once. There will always be other people recording and uploading from the same gig, so no need.

But don't tell them I said that.