If you're going to get another guitar, start buying pro cells in bulk - the copper tops you can buy from the store get expensive quickly. I think here it's a little under $20 for a pack of 12 pro cells, which.... doesn't last too long.

Did you say something about strings?

If you're going to get another guitar, start buying pro cells in bulk - the copper tops you can buy from the store get expensive quickly. I think here it's a little under $20 for a pack of 12 pro cells, which.... doesn't last too long.

Did you say something about strings?

Yeah I generally do get the bulk packs of those I just had some Duracells lying around and figured why not.

The picture had a few packs of Elixirs in it no?

Speaking of strings, I have the results of "Cider's coated strings battle: Round 1 - Elixirs vs Ernie Ball"

The Elixirs are still smooth, whereas the EB have already shown signs of corrosion :( I like how the EB sound a lot more, but they only last a *weeee* bit longer than normal EB.

Now the question is: when do the Elixirs wear out so I can change strings for both guitars at the same time for D'Addario vs Cleartone :LOL:

I've found it weird recently how my satin black Manson seems to collect more finger grime on the fretboard than my Glitter one. I play both fairly often - the satin black maybe just a little more but no more than maybe an hour or two a week more just bc uni - so it's strange that the satin one needs cleaning more often (and as a result strings need to be changed more often too).

Enjoying the Elixirs though so far, especially on the acoustic. Find they actually hold their tuning when fresh better than EBs.

I've found it weird recently how my satin black Manson seems to collect more finger grime on the fretboard than my Glitter one. I play both fairly often - the satin black maybe just a little more but no more than maybe an hour or two a week more just bc uni - so it's strange that the satin one needs cleaning more often (and as a result strings need to be changed more often too).

Enjoying the Elixirs though so far, especially on the acoustic. Find they actually hold their tuning when fresh better than EBs.

Probably just different wood pieces?

haha, I found the exact opposite with the Elixirs. Took quite a while for me to break them in and make them stay in tune :facemelt:

Could be that one of the pieces is drier and less naturally oily than the other?

Isn't he alternating down/up notes in the verses? Certainly seems that way, as there's a bit of a pause at the start of each root note where there's a d-(pause)-d in the picking pattern.

--d-u-d-u-d-u-d-

e----7------7---------

B------8------8-------

G--------9-------9---

D-9-------------------

A----------------------

E-----------------------

Deciding to look at this again, since I tried playing it two different ways yesterday, and didn't find the above any easier.

25 seconds in and set it to half speed (pay attention to the direction of string movement, rather than his hand). I'm almost certain he's doing this:

---d-u-u-d-u-u-d-

e----7------7---------

B------8------8-------

G--------9-------9---

D-9-------------------

A----------------------

E----------------------

I wouldn't think to do it that way. Seems like a slightly unusual cross between alternate and economy picking?

I can still play it cleaner like this. I think because the pick is moving in the same direction of my hand more often, so it's a bit less awkward.

---d-d-u-d-d-u-d-

e----7------7---------

B------8------8-------

G--------9-------9---

D-9-------------------

A----------------------

E----------------------

This also seems like a cross between alternate and economy, but it makes more sense to me this way if you're going to combine the two

Hoping to bag that secret guitar later today. If they agree to let me buy it over the phone and collect it 10 days from now, maybe I'll finally be able to tell you all what it is :facepalm:

It's something I've only ever seen once before in my life... which means it's even rarer than a londaxe

They've put my name on it, so I think it's safe...

It's basically the strat version of the wangcaster (the name "strat" being used loosely of course)

Actually sold under a different brand in this case. I have a catalog scan of the EMX version with the specs, but I'll post pictures once I pick it up.

Edited by james90

I think something is up with my 3-way toggle in the Gibson. I just replaced it a couple of months ago too :$

Basically when I switch pickups, every once in a while there would be no sound, but if I keep switching and I get lucky, sound would come out. This happens with both the bridge & neck. Switch problem? :$

I think something is up with my 3-way toggle in the Gibson. I just replaced it a couple of months ago too :$

Basically when I switch pickups, every once in a while there would be no sound, but if I keep switching and I get lucky, sound would come out. This happens with both the bridge & neck. Switch problem? :$

Yes, just replace it. Also could maybe use a cleaning, so try that first...though I'm not sure exactly how to go about that :p This happened with my custom I made, and it would always only play both pickups at once rather than actually switching them. Replaced it and it was fine.

Couldn't find a "switch cleaner" on the radioshack website... Is "contact cleaner" okay?

There's something he said is the "worst thing ever" in the video but I couldn't quite catch it, some Brits please help me decode your language :stunned::stunned::stunned:

WD40. Don't use it or you'll ruin your switches haha.

Yeah contact cleaner is just another name for it I believe? I used Servisol on mine on both guitars and they worked a charm.

Anyone else into this lot?

Yes, I'm aware of the penis comment halfway through :p

Probably the only arena sized band in the UK that I saw before they'd released their first album... Been a little bittersweet with them since then, but after letting go of poppy prejudices their shows are some of the most fun around.

Probably the only arena sized band in the UK that I saw before they'd released their first album... Been a little bittersweet with them since then, but after letting go of poppy prejudices their shows are some of the most fun around.

Was that pre-Viv or Free? Luckily got to see them 4 times while they toured Free so I'm glad I got to experience some popless shows. The larger venue tour they did in May '15 was great fun though.