That one on ebay seems a bit expensive considering a new one is about £2500 (which is pretty cheap for that snazzy bass).

Yeah, and the one on eBay has a piece broken off too.

I apparently can't read, the one available brand new right now has white LEDs, not red.

Someone should definitely pull that string :rolleyes:

Jaicen, I think I blew out one of the trannies in my fuzz pedal.

But assuming it's not actually possible to do that, if I tell you the following, what does it suggest?

-incredibly compressed sounding. just unusable for the most part.

-constant background crackling with volume and gain all the way up

-tapping the cable connected to the input makes noise (not a loose connection, but a microphonic component maybe?)

I believe this is based on a mosrite fuzz rite. I have no idea what those sound like, but I know what this pedal is meant to sound like. Trust me, I watched the youtube videos and know another male friend with one

When trouble shooting, bad transistors is way, way, way down the list of things to check. If they were working, they usually keep working. It's far more likely to be damage to a wire, ppot or switch. After that, i'd be checking to see if the caps have been damaged or gone bad especially electros. I'm guessing that you've had to crank the gain and vol to max to get some output, in which case it sounds like something could be shorting to ground. Check to see if the DC protection cap on the power socket (if there is one) has gone bad.

Otherwise, it's a case of getting voltages and going through the circuit to trace the problem. Looks like a simple circuit so won't take long.

You'd be surprised. It's 'thermal coated' to protect the trannies after years and years of use (according to the instructions)

in other words. #epoxy

If only I knew someone who I was sending something to sometime soon who knew how to work on pedals....

You'd be surprised. It's 'thermal coated' to protect the trannies after years and years of use (according to the instructions)

in other words. #epoxy

If only I knew someone who I was sending something to sometime soon who knew how to work on pedals....

:ninja:

I'll PM you when I have time, currently in Hell (Blackpool), don't ask.

Jim...

id4imrX.jpg

I nearly burst out laughing when I saw this. I didn't buy it though... it's probably radioactive or something

So apparently #Bobby is still there, as of about a week ago. :chuckle:

Will it be there three weeks from now? Hmm...

The real question, is will it be there in 22 days..

Why 22 days? :ninja: I'm sure I would've bought it since I arrive on the 21st

Also, for the first time that I can remember, I've actually had to write some amp settings down because I liked them so much. I think I've gone mad, but it sounds just like the youtube demos with these!

What are thoughts on this?

Why are they having rehearsals in London, seems really odd considering how long they have been on tour for Drones. Nothing familiar in the background either...

Festival stage Enit

Has anyone tried Lace sensor's? Do you think they would pair well with an MA-2?

I might put a blue in the neck for the Greenwood and keep the MBK2 for the bellz.

Wait, are you selling the MA-2 or putting Lace Sensor's into it?

I'm being an idiot.

I let GAS get the better of me and nearly sold my Manson for a Johnny Marr Jaguar :roll eyes:

Decided it would be foolish to sell the Man$ion but the neck pickup needs to go, it's between going for a traditional strat neck pickup or something a bit higher gain to suit the guitar.

Which led me to think about turning it into a Tele Plus weird hybrid.

Edited by GarJov

Which neck pickup do you have now?

I've got the lace sensor golds in a strat, and a blue in the middle position of my MB signature guitar. Nice sounding pickups, though I do wish I went for the hot golds in the strat, as the standard ones are lower output than I expected.

Also, my friend Bruno made this clip years back with his tele plus for what it's worth. Lace blue in the neck. Sounds good to me, especially considering the cleans on this amp are non-existent for the most part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWyBAKUGfHk

Just the standard SD Cool Rails. I really like the idea of having a H/S Set up, very versatile.

Hot Gold's were my first choice but in the UK you can only buy the 3 set, bummer.

There's this Radiohead performance of Thom using Jonny's Tele, I always loved the round sound of this so guess that's what led me to Lace's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFJm0HA-vMY

New Strat for MB

It looks like a duplicate of the other one, what with the ali finish and mirror pickguard and chrome knobs and all that good stuff.

I wonder where he's getting these from, fender custom shop I soppuse?