Biffy played jaggy snake last night and I missed it :'( though finally seeing Radiohead on Friday was a worthy subsititue.

@james90, what string gauge do you use for your drop C strat (I'm sure you said you've got one in that tuning)?

11-54 ernie ball beefy slinky

@nerd herd

https://peavey.com/news/article.cfm/action/view/id/903/cat/1/article.cfm

It doesn't look like there's much of a difference between that and the original wolfgang. Most obvious would be no D-tuna I guess, since that was EVH's design.

Nice. Yeah it's pretty close, just a bit less EVH. Do you have a wolfgang?

:LOL: I was thinking about this the other day after day after I noticed the input was on the side of his strat. Also had some of the best sounds I've ever heard a guitar make. All of the want :facemelt:

http://thekingofgear.com/post/145220807622/ed-obriens-new-custom-fender-stratocaster

@james90

Feels like Summer has grown on me. Definitely check out the acoustic version of you haven't already.

Interesting... I only listened to it two or three times. Has it grown on you more than dig down?

Also, sort of related, but have you ever seen these pictures?

IA5kjfy.jpg

8QIXKAZ.jpg

Note the gear that was never mentioned in the equipment history. There's a Marshall combo in the background (look to the right of the two main amps in the second picture) and the Ampeg VT-22 (with Boss phaser pedal??)

Actually, can anyone identify what that unit with the UV meter is? (in front of the bottle of water in the first picture)

Not that it's terribly important, but it's vU (volume unit) meter, UV is what gives you a tan ;)

Looking at the pic, it kinda looks like its being used as some sort of fold-back amplifier for monitoring purposes maybe?

EDIT: Nope, it's a strobe tuner :facepalm:

Interesting... I only listened to it two or three times. Has it grown on you more than dig down?

Also, sort of related, but have you ever seen these pictures?

IA5kjfy.jpg

8QIXKAZ.jpg

Note the gear that was never mentioned in the equipment history. There's a Marshall combo in the background (look to the right of the two main amps in the second picture) and the Ampeg VT-22 (with Boss phaser pedal??)

Actually, can anyone identify what that unit with the UV meter is? (in front of the bottle of water in the first picture)

I guess I look at it similar to how I explained I look at Muse and Dig Down. Being opened minded and respecting the band's needs to venture out and try new stuff. I also like what Rivera said in this IG post:

I guess I look at it similar to how I explained I look at Muse and Dig Down. Being opened minded and respecting the band's needs to venture out and try new stuff. I also like what Rivera said in this IG post:

Yes of course @jbias12

Now I'm going to go make my "Play Citizen Erased" sign for this weekend. I don't intend on showing it to them, but rather, taking a picture of it and spamming their twitters because I'm too far back.

It could still work...

Not that it's terribly important, but it's vU (volume unit) meter, UV is what gives you a tan ;)

Looking at the pic, it kinda looks like its being used as some sort of fold-back amplifier for monitoring purposes maybe?

EDIT: Nope, it's a strobe tuner :facepalm:

Yeah that's what I meant. :facepalm:

Also, there's one place taking orders for that brand new peavey model. a black MB spec with floyd rose would be half the cost of a new Fender made one.

What would nerd herd do? I think it's too much of a risk until the big dealers actually have preorders going.

What would nerd herd do? I think it's too much of a risk until the big dealers actually have preorders going.

nerd herd would get an Ed O'brien strat instead, since it has a sustainer which is more Matthew.

But then still want a wolfgang :LOL: