Kind of wish I had one of the signed versions like that. Would almost be as good as the fancy version of the first album vinyl I managed to get.

Found this in my bookmarks earlier http://fuckyeahmuse-live.tumblr.com/post/7475590080/heres-a-rarity-stockholm-syndrome-live-at.

...whoa.

Interesting - I don't think I've heard that one. There's obviously the version from the 20th that we all know, although most of the ending was cut off

That your CD from the comic shop? Mine isn't supposed to be in til mid-week :stunned: Just bought it on iTunes for general use in the meantime.

vinyl from the official shop, and CD from the comic shop.

A bit odd that the CD came as a sealed standard one, but with an extra signed booklet as you see there. Not complaining of course.

QotSA hasn't announced the venue for DC yet, but it looks like Matador's blog let it slipped a couple days ago that it'll be the newest concert venue The Anthem http://matablog.matadorrecords.com/2017/06/15/queens-of-the-stone-age-villains-coming-august-25-the-way-you-used-to-do-premiere-upcoming-dates/

Foo Fighters will play the first show there on Oct 12th. Tickets were on sale last Friday and sold out in literally one minute.

Nobody knows what the venue is actually like since it won't open until Foo plays, but this picture makes me so excited for it. You can buy those nice balcony spots!!

theanthem_06.JPG?uuid=v-0hSA6DEeeqVyyhsFxBuA

Weekend trip, James?

Just gave the new Royal Blood album my first listen, was pretty good. I think the first album was a bit better at catchy riffs though.

Hole In Your Heart kind of reminded me of these Toronto guys..

That being said, if you haven't given July Talk a good listen, do so!

Just gave the new Royal Blood album my first listen, was pretty good. I think the first album was a bit better at catchy riffs though.

Hole In Your Heart kind of reminded me of these Toronto guys..

That being said, if you haven't given July Talk a good listen, do so!

Yeah I'd agree with that.

Do you like QOTSA?

http://smarturl.it/QOTSABS

I secured a couple of tickets yesterday. One for MSG, and one for that smaller venue I saw them at last time. Will be much closer to the back this time, yet still closer than at MSG I'd imagine.

Just tried the fuzz factory into garageband's DI emulator and I really like how filthy it sounds. Need to get an actual DI box now.

Can you play SMBH on it?

I've only tried FF > DI box > interface, and for some reason it seems to compress loads with certain guitars.

Can you play SMBH on it?

I've only tried FF > DI box > interface, and for some reason it seems to compress loads with certain guitars.

Of course. I had FF > apogee thing > iPad, so it's not really ideal for actually playing rather than mucking about. Only tried it with my strat but the sound from the single coils wasn't great, but the humbucker was a lot better.

What was the presale password? I'd pickup tickets for it for sure.

It was one of those ticketmaster verifiedfan™ deals, so you had to sign up previously to get one.

I'll PM you the code for the artist pre-sale, but that's only pulling up seated tickets.

Edit:

Damn, already? How did you manage that?

It was one of those ticketmaster verifiedfan™ deals, so you had to sign up previously to get one.

I'll PM you the code for the artist pre-sale, but that's only pulling up seated tickets.

Edit:

Damn, already? How did you manage that?

Google always turns something up. I got seats which is fine with me anyways.

They're presumably the same super 2 pickups, but the creme covers aren't available anymore. I don't think they've been since the 80s.

It's definitely going to be more accurate than the eastwood replica at least. Will also be interesting to see if they make them in the US or somewhere else... the originals had the woodwork from korea, and assembly in the US.

So essentially, they are the world's most expensive dodgy import les paul copies.

They're presumably the same super 2 pickups, but the creme covers aren't available anymore. I don't think they've been since the 80s.

It's definitely going to be more accurate than the eastwood replica at least. Will also be interesting to see if they make them in the US or somewhere else... the originals had the woodwork from korea, and assembly in the US.

So essentially, they are the world's most expensive dodgy import les paul copies.

I guess that makes them legit reissues then.

I guess that makes them legit reissues then.

I have a feeling these would be better than the originals if anything. It seems like the main reason the originals didn't sell was not because of quality, but because it was priced like a mid range LP, and only a Gibson is good enough.

Plus it was the 80s and everyone wanted something with a locking kahler bridge and single angled humbucker. And brass. ALL the brass.