I am way too poor for this. :facepalm:

Please remember to use a reverse polarity power supply or connector cable (they often have red cables). Enjoy!

Someone please translate this to n00b-lish.

Mostly by looking at him play and listening. It's often that he plays up high on the neck but you'll still hear bass an octave lower. Songs like Starlight, Fury and Plug in Baby are some main examples, but there's others. Not all done with the OC-2 though, some with the Impact.

Ah, this is very, very helpful Matthjis. Thank you! I thought he used the OC-2 to make the bass sound an octave lower, but if this is the case I suppose it's for easier playability?

The reverse polarity means you need to have a different power supply as what the Reverse Fuzz Factory considers positive is ground in a regular one, for example. Just the nature of old obscure parts.

The octave is so there isn't a loss in bass when playing up high so you can cover a broader range. You can do it an octave up but octave ups tend to sound even more artificial.

I am way too poor for this. :facepalm:

I don't think it sounds that much better from the usual fuzz factory. I'm not even sure how much of a difference there is between the magic 2 in 1 SHO and the normal one, but at least they're the same price

Found those a lot funnier than I probably should have :LOL:.

The shocking thing is that a lot of that was made of real quotes.

Especially this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS3KV5lMLjs

I don't think it sounds that much better from the usual fuzz factory. I'm not even sure how much of a difference there is between the magic 2 in 1 SHO and the normal one, but at least they're the same price

Yeah, I thought about it and it would make more sense for me to save that money for a Kemper or something and not buy another hand-painted Zvex pedal. I only got the hand-painted Woolly Mammoth because it was $200 and came with the original box and whatnot. The Vexter version is $259 new :twitchy:

Tracking for my Animated still hasn't updated :supersad: another weekend without crazy bass fuzz :'( I even bought an LS-2 to blend it with the FFF and everything :'(

(Adam has been super nice and helpful about it too so I don't really worry much. I'm just impatient)

Yeah, I thought about it and it would make more sense for me to save that money for a Kemper or something and not buy another hand-painted Zvex pedal. I only got the hand-painted Woolly Mammoth because it was $200 and came with the original box and whatnot. The Vexter version is $259 new :twitchy:

Tracking for my Animated still hasn't updated :supersad: another weekend without crazy bass fuzz :'( I even bought an LS-2 to blend it with the FFF and everything :'(

(Adam has been super nice and helpful about it too so I don't really worry much. I'm just impatient)

I don't think I'll end up getting a #kemper anytime soon. Much prefer the warmth from an all valve setup, and then hitting the front of everything with a distortion modeler :facepalm:

I know. The weather has delayed the delivery of my warmoth strat body, and I wanted to get started on that this weekend.

Ah, this is very, very helpful Matthjis. Thank you! I thought he used the OC-2 to make the bass sound an octave lower, but if this is the case I suppose it's for easier playability?

Often in his sound the distorted/fuzzy sound is an octave higher with the bass an octave lower. He works a lot in layers, filling in where Matt leaves holes in solos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGo6_9jLy7k

Is there a way to tell whether it's the OC-2 or impact?.

It's most likely a chain of bass into OC-2 first. Dry out goes to Animato so that only the higher octave (where he's playing) is distorted. Lower octave is left alone distortion wise. Distorting the octave down would be a little messier sounding. Doesn't sound like he's using anything else on it to me. The pick is certainly important to the tone too.

I practically died laughing at the you tube covers :LOL::LOL:

that was another direct quote

Also, for anyone who has successfully assembled a guitar. What's the best way to install the string ferrules for a hardtail/tele bridge? The warmoth forum said to heat them up slightly and then use a dead blow hammer, which worked, but at the same time the heat damaged the finish. So I don't want that happening on this one.

How hot did you get them? A press is a better option I would think.

Just heated them with the soldering iron for a second or so. Apparently that was too long.

It's not major damage - just the clear coat got a bit damaged around the edge of the ferrule. probably more from the ferrule still being hot after it was installed into the body.

Would you say a dead blow hammer on its own is a bad idea? Provided I don't miss and hit the back of the body...

The animated resurfaced (yay!) in... Stamford, CT. No idea why it would wound up there, but at least I know it's in the US and trackable.

I probably need to buy a good pedal power supply soon. Got something cheap from Amazon that adds some loud noises :$

I'd think it's ok assuming you don't have a very thick plastic finish, and the ferrules are only slightly oversize compared to the holes. Really you should be able to almost press them in by hand.

Definitely couldn't do it by hand. I still hammered them in, and the finish chipped slightly, but not enough that you'd be able to see it once the ferrules were in.

The finish seemed pretty brittle actually. Even when drilling for the pick guard, strap buttons, etc... it was all over the place.

The animated resurfaced (yay!) in... Stamford, CT. No idea why it would wound up there, but at least I know it's in the US and trackable.

I've had stranger things happen, like international packages go to the middle of nowhere in NH before coming here. But the animated came straight to NY.

I've had stranger things happen, like international packages go to the middle of nowhere in NH before coming here. But the animated came straight to NY.

Yeah, it gets even weirder, because it looks like the package didn't go through an ISC facility for customs - just straight up to a USPS facility. I'll probably get it next week though, pretty happy about that.

James, you going to Japan this summer for QoTSA? :ninja:http://fujirock-eng.com/_news/0210_01_lineup.html