Oh and also, let's not forget Dave for putting up with these titles, as he was the person who started this thread.

Let's hear it for Dave. 👌🏻

edit:

Actually, speaking of Dave...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=896873120429501&id=602169603233189

Adam Jones signature amp?

I can't even remember what the original title was :LOL:

That link isn't available

I can't even remember what the original title was :LOL:

That link isn't available

Weird, it was working earlier. It was basically a VH4 chassis on Diezel's page that was labeled "Adam signature amp proto" or something like that. There was something about it being "1995 spec" too, so maybe it's just a previous VH4 circuit (which would be a little disappointing if it doesn't have a built in Marshall Super Lead)

Weird, it was working earlier. It was basically a VH4 chassis on Diezel's page that was labeled "Adam signature amp proto" or something like that. There was something about it being "1995 spec" too, so maybe it's just a previous VH4 circuit (which would be a little disappointing if it doesn't have a built in Marshall Super Lead)

Sounds interesting anyway! I checked their facebook page earlier and they didn't have anything on it, so they must have deleted it.

Gentlemen.

I need to work on my tapping technique, but only really for my right hand :erm: I've always been one of those freaks who doesn't hold a pick at the same time (found that it got in the way)

What do you lot do, index finger for the string while holding the pick with the middle and thumb? Or the other way around? I'm finding the latter a little more awkward, but I don't know.

I know this is late but coming from someone who taps a lot (I play a lot of PtH:$) I've taken it to be easier to hold the pick normally, and using the middle finger (and the ring finger if necessary which is often the case for protest)

to be honest though, it's most useful if you are going from playing to tapping relatively quickly. I'll never be able to hold the pick in my hand then produce it like I see Matt do live when he's playing reapers. I've tried and I always end up dropping it or something:facepalm:

Yeah that would be an advantage, but if you're playing something like reapers, I think it would be easier with the index.

But if it's just a quick tapping bit here and there, then yes, not changing the pick around would make most sense to

I don't know how you guys tap with your index at all, it's so foreign to me. I remember tryin it out and everything sounded so off because of it. different strokes I guess, as long as iy sounds good who cares :LOL:

I thought it was worth it when I went, but now they're letting people play one of MB's guitars (and apparently his kemper setup)

Good point, James! Hopefully that will still be part of the experience and no one will F it up before the Berlin show!

If you go take a USB and grab the #profiles

Ha good call

Good point, James! Hopefully that will still be part of the experience and no one will F it up before the Berlin show!

Ha good call

You going as VIP then? It got a bit boring after a while, but that's mainly because I didn't know anyone there, so I just ended up taking loads of extra pictures.

The moment when someone says "OH MY GOD it's the red glitter guitar! ... wait, which one is the real one?"

Face-You-Make-Robert-Downey-Jr.jpg

and I wouldn't be surprised if it includes a complimentary USB stick with the profiles by then.

You going as VIP then? It got a bit boring after a while, but that's mainly because I didn't know anyone there, so I just ended up taking loads of extra pictures.

The moment when someone says "OH MY GOD it's the red glitter guitar! ... wait, which one is the real one?"

Face-You-Make-Robert-Downey-Jr.jpg

and I wouldn't be surprised if it includes a complimentary USB stick with the profiles by then.

Yes I'm planning on it and I can't wait for comments like those... Hopefully they'll be in German and I won't have to worry about it too much. :LOL:

Guitar "tech" called and said that the shaft of my CTS pot kept falling out, so he suggests that I put an Alpha pot in the Cort instead. His exact words: "I never liked these CTS pots, I think Alpha is so much better."

:stunned::stunned::stunned::stunned:

Jesus God damn christ I just want my guitar :(

Uh oh. What happened? You gotta elaborate.

I hear that Bourns makes good pots as well. Perhaps I'll try those next

Volume is very very very quiet compared to almost every other guitar I pick up and I have to really turn up the volume on all my axe fx presets when I play it. Whenever I roll the volume knob back from 10 as well the volume cuts out at 8 and the guitar only actually makes sound on 9 and 10. Need to get them changed out probably but don't want to touch it myself and Sydney don't have many trustworthy "techs." Gonna have to wait til I move to the UK i suppose.