this was probably discussed before but is matt's new aluminum strat with chrome pickguard a custom build by Manson's or another builder or was it a gift of some sort from someone during the recording of drones?. It's not a real fender that's for sure, the headstock size is bigger than the 70's style headstocks, but it could just be my eyes deceiving me. The guitar itself looks really cool and I think matt looks cooler when he's playing the ali strat, with the new jumpsuits of course. I dont think it'd look so good when he's back to TR matt with the all saints t shirts and colorful pants though :LOL:

this was probably discussed before but is matt's new aluminum strat with chrome pickguard a custom build by Manson's or another builder or was it a gift of some sort from someone during the recording of drones?. It's not a real fender that's for sure, the headstock size is bigger than the 70's style headstocks, but it could just be my eyes deceiving me. The guitar itself looks really cool and I think matt looks cooler when he's playing the ali strat, with the new jumpsuits of course. I dont think it'd look so good when he's back to TR matt with the all saints t shirts and colorful pants though :LOL:

Pretty sure it's a fender custom shop one he's been using on tour. The one in the making of video definitely is a fender, you can see the logos on both sides of the headstock. Not 100% sure if it's the same guitar in the video and on tour though.

Pretty sure it's a fender custom shop one he's been using on tour. The one in the making of video definitely is a fender, you can see the logos on both sides of the headstock. Not 100% sure if it's the same guitar in the video and on tour though.

Yeah it doesnt help that the video is in black and white, we'd be able to see if it was an ali finish or not. I assume it's the same strat as used in the making of videos, because from this picture you can faintly see where the fender decal was, as if it was sanded off or something.

I wanna see it :eek:

Also I just took the control cover on my Gibson off today and saw that in addition to the 2 giant (600V) Orange Drop caps, there were 2 little 0.033 uF caps for the volume controls I think? Anyone knows why they're there?

Edited by Cider

Yeah, and the one he's using now is different as well. Notice how those guitars have different necks - that's because they were selling the bare bodies on eBay for $600 a while back. I was tempted to get one, but I didn't even know if they were genuine fender