• 2 weeks later...
Just got word from MGW that my MBC1 with fuzz factoy, sustainiac, and MBK2 is ready! Finished by Hugh Manson himself, according to the email. Can't wait.

Nice! post some pics when it arrives :) I've ordered one a couple of months ago (Sustainer,MBK-2, should be ready by the end of this month. :D

Played the MBC this afternoon and its, ok.

It feels and looks like a £500 Korean guitar. Not knocking it, it's fine for what it is but it's no Manson.

The Matt black was not that nice in the flesh, surprising given all the hype about it.

Played the MBC this afternoon and its, ok.

It feels and looks like a £500 Korean guitar. Not knocking it, it's fine for what it is but it's no Manson.

The Matt black was not that nice in the flesh, surprising given all the hype about it.

Weird. I know of two people that tried it, and one hated it, while the other liked it more than his MA-2.

Of course, I never tried it while I had the chance. Apparently there was this guy in the shop shortly before me who was holding it up to a clean amp trying to get feedback off it, and I'm guessing they had to clean it off after that

Maybe it's just that one, being a prototype and everything? I was quite impressed by mine - I'd say it's pretty much on par with a high end import Fender (maybe a bit better)

I do think the fretboard feels a bit weird. Seems like it's been buffed or something - you can't really feel the wood pores.

Weird. I know of two people that tried it, and one hated it, while the other liked it more than his MA-2.

Of course, I never tried it while I had the chance. Apparently there was this guy in the shop shortly before me who was holding it up to a clean amp trying to get feedback off it, and I'm guessing they had to clean it off after that

Maybe it's just that one, being a prototype and everything? I was quite impressed by mine - I'd say it's pretty much on par with a high end import Fender (maybe a bit better)

I do think the fretboard feels a bit weird. Seems like it's been buffed or something - you can't really feel the wood pores.

Pretty much bang on, like a Mexican telecaster, but lighter. Not saying it's bad, just not quite what the hype had suggested.

No, this one. :)

I even did the labels. By the way, in case it wasn't resolved, I used a Brother P-touch label maker. Also available with White on Black ribbon.

Looks very nice! Shouldn't the hi and lo stickers be the other way round though? Always thought Bellamy had his Lo for the regular sustain and the Hi for the Harmonic mode. Or is the Sustainiac switch just reversed as compared to the Fernandes sustainers?

Anyways, looking very good!

Looks very nice! Shouldn't the hi and lo stickers be the other way round though? Always thought Bellamy had his Lo for the regular sustain and the Hi for the Harmonic mode. Or is the Sustainiac switch just reversed as compared to the Fernandes sustainers?

Hey, thanks! Well from how the sustaniacnoperates on mine, the low position suatains the low e while the hi position sustained the B. Center is harmonic.

The switches on the Fernandes were fitted directly to the circuit board, the switches on the Sustainiac are on wires so can go any way

http://guitardesignreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/sustainer.jpg

:)

As I have said before mine is ready but I am still awaiting the pay link. I ordered simply the guitar and no upgrades is it too late now to get the upgrades? I was reading on reddit that the pay link allows you to add upgrades to it?

As I have said before mine is ready but I am still awaiting the pay link. I ordered simply the guitar and no upgrades is it too late now to get the upgrades? I was reading on reddit that the pay link allows you to add upgrades to it?

as Bs said above, I'd ask them, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to add upgrades at this point. You'll probably have to wait a while though.