I just watched all of Rock AM Ring 2010 and I have to say that was just an amazing gig overall.. even the songs I don't really care much for sounded awesome.. the ending to Hysteria Matt played was pure awesome.

Definitely the most awesome Hysteria ending ever (although I think everyone is quite sick of Back in Black at this point... even if it does flow almost perfectly)

Matt's hair! :LOL:

Looks like he stood on am electricity cable going on stage. :p

Incredible performance, though. :happy:

Say what you like about Glastonbury 2010, but this is the best performance of TiRO I've ever seen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFvMSMt-6W4

That's my favourite version of TIRO as well.

Rock AM Ring 2010 had fantastic camera work as well.. love those long panning shots, looks soo good

I'd say Hyper Music is the best, and 'beafiest' version i've heard, sounded fantastic and so 'bassy'. I wouldn't say Bliss was the best though, i don't think Matt will beat the Rock AM Ring falsetto anytime soon when he's got to worry about singing Micro Cuts a few minutes later :chuckle:

Probably about half of last night's show can be added to this list :LOL: Definitely Hyper Music, SD, and Darkshines, at least!

(By the way, has anyone ever noticed that no one ever mentions any performances from a US show in this thread? *sigh* I need to move to Europe :LOL:)

Well there is only one(?) proshot gig from the US. ;)

Wembley 10's Bliss was the best I've ever heard, last night's was good, but not the best, and the synth intro isn't as good.

Can't decide whether Hypermusic was better than that 2002 Montreoux one. Matt's voice is so much better now, but the performance didn't have the same rawness and aggression.

Megalomania was certainly up with the best versions of that, as was Space Dementia, and for what it's worth Screenager.

Starlight felt really beefy last night aswell. :LOL:

Well there is only one(?) proshot gig from the US. ;)

That's true, I suppose... I guess unless you were actually there, you'd have to find some super HQ vids from youtube to be able to accurately judge the quality of their non-proshot performances...

Who knows? The most amazing, melt-your-face-off version of SS could have been at a gig in Ohio or something, and no one would ever know :LOL:

That's true, I suppose... I guess unless you were actually there, you'd have to find some super HQ vids from youtube to be able to accurately judge the quality of their non-proshot performances...

Who knows? The most amazing, melt-your-face-off version of SS could have been at a gig in Ohio or something, and no one would ever know :LOL:

I've always wondered that. We can only judge proshots and the few decent recordings floating around. There could have been some amazing performance of Guiding Light, and none of us are aware of it. :LOL:

Personally I liked what they were doing with Hyper Music at leeds, but they arent going to ever be able to beat the Montreux version unfortunatley. Space Dementia on the otherhand, was perfect. Matt actully playing the outro on guitar? How about that shit.

I've always wondered that. We can only judge proshots and the few decent recordings floating around. There could have been some amazing performance of Guiding Light, and none of us are aware of it. :LOL:

:LOL: I've always thought it was kind of a shame that so few gigs are pro-shot. There are probably some hidden gems out there (example: SS at Lolla was definitely not a contender for best EVER, but from what I'd seen on YouTube of some of last year's gigs, it was better than it had sounded in a while, and I thought it was a shame that more people couldn't have heard it... Though I might be biased since I was there :chuckle:)

/verging on off-topic :p

There are some great performances of GL out there.

The problem is that it's a shit song, so it doesn't matter how good the performance is.

On the other hand, he can make it even worse with a shitty performance. Like when he doesn't do the chest voice part after the solo ^^