Faster Louder: Matt features on Kimbra's new single.

Kazy-Babie

imo, I still think it's silly to talk about there being something to "get."

What are the odds that those sounds are placed in the song with some deep meaning to understand?

Someone just thought it sounded cool.

To me, the sounds are just jarring, and fair enough probably meant to be so.

But, I find it fundamentally irritating to listen to, and not something I enjoy.

Sometimes it's just being used to the current tuning system and accepted sounds, like for example what's in the top charts today might have been considered radical a few decades ago.

And sometimes I find experimental is experimental for the sake of it, which sometimes can also be fine if looked at that way.

This is both the best and worst thread ever at the same time

Excuse me but I started this thread so give me credit where it's due good sir. And as for your bs argument of "you all suck just because you think such and such is shit", I think most dubstep is shit and I'd rather listen to a morbidly obese man take a dump, but that doesn't make me a terrible person or have shitty taste in music, get your head out of your ass and deal with others opinions.

I only hear Matt in the first half of the chorus, and even then the guitar is pretty covered up by a crisp synth (or I think so, dat crispness though). It's an interesting track, not something I'll listen to though.

What do you call what Matt does at 1:24 and 2:26? Guitar newbie here. :$

How can you be sure it's Matt and not just a synth?

Well Matt has shown through things like Unsustainable that he is more than capable of making his guitar not sound like a guitar. It would be so cool to see a "making of" video of this song and to hear some of the all parts isolated from each other and deconstructed.

Well Matt has shown through things like Unsustainable that he is more than capable of making his guitar not sound like a guitar. It would be so cool to see a "making of" video of this song and to hear some of the all parts isolated from each other and deconstructed.

Missing the point.

By that logic, anything and everything in the song is Matt's guitar.

Missing the point.

By that logic, anything and everything in the song is Matt's guitar.

Well yes that is true. Everything in the song could be created by Matt's guitar through MIDI and whatnot (though I think there are a lot of synths not produced by Matt's guitar) but you have to admit some of the screeching/distorted sounds do sound somewhat like they could be guitar and I doubt Matt would put his name on something if the choruses were really the only guitar work he did in the song.

Stop arguing stupid semantics.

The semantics are pretty important in this case though.

He just wanted to contribute to a track from the looks of it, and that was it. Matt has never even mentioned it himself. So it's not unlikely that he would just have done some super minor parts. He didn't really make a big deal out of it and neither has Kimbra.

The semantics are pretty important in this case though.

He just wanted to contribute to a track from the looks of it, and that was it. Matt has never even mentioned it himself. So it's not unlikely that he would just have done some super minor parts. He didn't really make a big deal out of it and neither has Kimbra.

How do you know Matt hasn't mentioned it? Do you live with him and know everything he says? I'm sure he's mentioned it to at least a couple people (at least Kimbra and Rich Costey and other people involved in the making of the song) because it's not like it is a secret or anything

How do you know Matt hasn't mentioned it? Do you live with him and know everything he says? I'm sure he's mentioned it to at least a couple people (at least Kimbra and Rich Costey and other people involved in the making of the song) because it's not like it is a secret or anything

:facepalm: Jesus Christ you're a moron.

ffs just because a few music media outlets have said he's on it (& Kimbra's management confirming it) doesn't mean he's demanding the song to have a "Feat. Matt Bellamy" stuck on it. Go home kid, you're playing in a pool that's too deep for you here.

Edited by Kazy-Babie