Faster Louder: Matt features on Kimbra's new single.

Kazy-Babie

Kimbra's debut album (came out three years ago) is really great. And I wouldn't call that Gotye collab "godawful"... :erm: just massively overplayed.

I never saw the big deal in Somebody I Used To Know, it was an average at most song for me. I caught Kimbra at a festival a few years ago (can't remember if it was Big Day Out or Splendour In The Grass) and she sounded really good for what I saw (only caught the tail end of the set)

If its along with a bunch of other people it will probably just be a couple of guitar riffs we struggle to pick out amongst the rest, but it's interesting I guess

Matt's playing guitar in the first single of the album. I doubt there will be many "riffs" since it's Kimbra, but the songs will definitely be interesting. The other collaborators are playing in other tracks of the album I think

aww the song with gotye isn't awful, in my opinion. i'm happy it did so well, it was a different air for 'mainstream' radio, which was interesting.

i think this collab will be hella dope, especially looking at all the other musicians on the album. kimbra's voice is heavenly.

I assume the single is gonna be released sometime this month or next month, before that small leg of gigs start up?

Well she is touring Australia with Janelle Monaé soon so you're probably not that far off your guess, even if your're a notorious troll.

• 3 weeks later...