Faster Louder: Matt features on Kimbra's new single.

Kazy-Babie

Doing different things doesn't equate to something being perceived as good.

Yeah I get what you're saying but just because people don't understand music that is experimental or difficult or different doesn't mean people can use a blanket statement saying it is shit just because they don't get it.

Yeah I get what you're saying but just because people don't understand music that is experimental or difficult or different doesn't mean people can use a blanket statement saying it is shit just because they don't get it.

I haven't seen anyone specifically say they hate it because it's different. In fact I haven't seen anyone who hated it give any real elaboration as to why so I don't know where you came to that conclusion from.

I don't like the song. It really is as simple as that.

So you're saying an entire genre of music is bad? Doing new and nontraditional things in music is bad? And what's wrong with the term artsy?

Just because music isn't accessible or people don't get it doesn't mean it is bad

'Experimental' is not a genre and shouldn't be treated as such. What is experimental for an artist isn't experimental for another.

Don't be stupid now. I even said I like the song. Stop trying to pass your opinion and views on things as objectivity.

Using "people don't GET it" or "understand it" as an argument is getting old, and feels like some sort of elitist bullshit.

If you like it, fine. Great.

It sounds like a random pile of noise to me.

That sort of thing is either something you find appealing, or don't.

There's not some deep meaning to "nontraditional" music, or anything to "understand."

And I would reserve "great work of art" for something a lot more substantial...

I love how when Matt contributes to probably the most experimental and artsy thing he's done everyone on the forums hates it and doesn't understand it.:LOL:

More like Matt makes minor contribution to indie pop artist's song and people expect Muse ft. Kimbra.

Goddamn dude, are you for real? Cut your losses and shut up.

Saying it sounds like random noises or a jumble and that is why it is bad is definitely not "getting" the song. It may not be your cup of tea and you can say you don't like the song but you can't say it's a shit song just because you don't like the unique aesthetic.

I'm certain that 99% of you guys would say that this is the worst album you've ever heard and it's just a bunch of "random noises" but it is a very critically acclaimed and classic album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScME4cv2qXI

Not saying 90's music is a masterpiece like that album is but I'm just trying to prove the point that just because you don't like it and it is too weird to your ears doesn't make it an objectively bad song.

Saying it sounds like random noises or a jumble and that is why it is bad is definitely not "getting" the song.
True.

It may not be your cup of tea and you can say you don't like the song but you can't say it's a shit song just because you don't like the unique aesthetic.

I'm certain that 99% of you guys would say that this is the worst album you've ever heard and it's just a bunch of "random noises" but it is a very critically acclaimed and classic album.

Not saying 90's music is a masterpiece like that album is but I'm just trying to prove the point that just because you don't like it and it is too weird to your ears doesn't make it an objectively bad song.

Not true.

No one is saying it's an objectively bad song. You on the other hand seem to imply that it's an objectively good song.

True.

Not true.

No one is saying it's an objectively bad song. You on the other hand seem to imply that it's an objectively good song.

I don't think it's objectively bad or objectively good. I just think people are being narrow minded in not saying something like "Okay this song is a bit weird for me but I can see how it is artistic or had a lot of effort going into and I can see how other people might like it" instead of just going :vomit: like it's such a disgusting and hideous thing.

Saying it sounds like random noises or a jumble and that is why it is bad is definitely not "getting" the song. It may not be your cup of tea and you can say you don't like the song but you can't say it's a shit song just because you don't like the unique aesthetic.

Repeating again that there haven't been many reasons as to why people don't like it. You're the one assuming that everyone just doesn't get the sounds, and that no one here is knowledgeable about noise/experimental/atonal/etc.

Repeating again that there haven't been many reasons as to why people don't like it. You're the one assuming that everyone just doesn't get the sounds, and that no one here is knowledgeable about noise/experimental/atonal/etc.

just heard the song. :vomit: could've been cool, but its just so jumbled!

It sounds like a random pile of noise to me.

That sort of thing is either something you find appealing, or don't.

There's not some deep meaning to "nontraditional" music, or anything to "understand."

Isn't that what singles are for? I don't have time to listen to everything. :phu:

Anyways, I've heard some of her other stuff and didn't like it; this just seems like more of a random mess than what I'd previously heard.

Two people...

And thinking it's a mess != thinking noise is inherently worse music.

It's just what people are saying and thinking (and I'm sure it's not just those two) is comparable to looking at a Rothko painting and saying "Wow that's just two colored rectangles on top of each other. This piece of art sucks."

it's just what people are saying and thinking (and i'm sure it's not just those two) is comparable to looking at a rothko painting and saying "wow that's just two colored rectangles on top of each other. This piece of art sucks."

UtszlcJ.gif

It's just what people are saying and thinking (and I'm sure it's not just those two) is comparable to looking at a Rothko painting and saying "Wow that's just two colored rectangles on top of each other. This piece of art sucks."

And if the song just doesn't work for those people? Who cares?

I just want to give you some advice so you don't embarrass yourself further, because I feel like my last post wasn't clear enough:

tumblr_mif3kfF7181rzaihro1_400.gif

And if the song just doesn't work for those people? Who cares?

If the song doesn't work for people that's totally okay. It's just so rude/ignorant for people to go "ughhh this song is shit" "this song is stupid. it's just random noises" "this song makes me want to throw up, etc."