Opener: Unsustainable or Isolated System?

AJUltra

Unsustainable or Isolated System  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Unsustainable or Isolated System

• Unsustainable
    • Isolated System

Isolated System. Rather have Unsustainable later on when the crowds all energetic like and actually move. At the O2 everyone was pretty much stood still during it. Rather get pumped up by IS

I noticed the exact opposite at my gigs. In Dublin everyone went insane during Unsustainable and no one moved at all when it was played at the stadiums.

I noticed the exact opposite at my gigs. In Dublin everyone went insane during Unsustainable and no one moved at all when it was played at the stadiums.

To be fair I kinda missed it/had to watch from the back when it was played at my stadium gig as I broke my finger in SS a few songs before, but O2 it was naff

• 1 month later...

It was just too damn long; people got bored.

In an age where people spend the entire gig talking and/or on their cell phones the entire time anyways, you can't really afford to give them that downtime at the beginning.

I'm still not a fan of the pyramid being revealed at the start, either. It was incredibly more epic descending a few songs in.

I'm still not a fan of the pyramid being revealed at the start, either. It was incredibly more epic descending a few songs in.

Really? It was quite underwhelming when it descended before Panic Station imo, with just those few red lights. Tons better at the start.

Really? It was quite underwhelming when it descended before Panic Station imo, with just those few red lights. Tons better at the start.

well, making it descend before Panic Station was just the usual stupid muse logic. the best choice was to have it descend during the unsustainable intro imo. with lights and streamers n shit.

well, making it descend before Panic Station was just the usual stupid muse logic. the best choice was to have it descend during the unsustainable intro imo. with lights and streamers n shit.

Yeah, it didn't have to come down during any particular song; even having it come down during the opener would have been fine.

I like the subtle reveal of it, though; during a random song, and people didn't even notice it right away; then all the pointing and the "holy shits."

It was pretty fun. :happy:

About 1/3 of the way into the IS opener, people stopped cheering and started texting.

Might have just been my gig, but even I was a bit "just get the fuck going already..."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think IS didn't really work later in the set when people started to get tired and a bit restless. People get more easily and quickly bored then, hence I think if IS should be in a set it should be as an opener when people are excited for the show starting and would be more interested. And Unsustainable worked great as an encore opener so.

• 9 months later...

Unsustainable is definitely the most underwhelming opener I've seen Muse use.

Didn't see IS open but I feel having seen Unsustainable open, I would infinitely prefer IS. That video of IS into Supremacy with Matt's guitar projected on the rising pyramid is amazing :awesome:.

I think the video from the Japan concert in which it descends right before Bliss was quite good. Somebody here in the board mentioned they once had it descend during the Resistance intro. That seems like a good moment as well.

But, meh, improperly doing the pyramid is just another setlist flaw. We're used to that.