Opener: Unsustainable or Isolated System?

AJUltra

Unsustainable or Isolated System  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Unsustainable or Isolated System

• Unsustainable
    • Isolated System

It was even cooler when they just showed Matt's guitar held aloft on the pyramid just before the opening notes of Supremacy and the pyramid rising.

For the record though, I think both IS and Uns are both poor openers compared with the multitude Muse have at their disposal.

I was lucky enough to actually see both in person.

Uns was way better, imo.

IS was amazing for the first while, but it's too long, and the atmosphere it initially built up fizzled out. Just too long.

Uns felt very large and dramatic, and great usage of the screens and smoke jets. Really exciting.

Also, the lack of pyramid reveal with the IS opener was a bit of a letdown.

I knew the thing was there anyways, both times, but having it slowly descend a few songs in was fucking epic.

Both of them come in after Exo 1 as an opener, though. :love:

yeah, I think Unsustainable works better as well.

it makes you feel a lot more "oh boy, they're on" than IS does, imo.

But that's not what IS is supposed to make you feel, so a bit of an unfair comparison...

IS is the suspense BEFORE they walk on with the Supremacy riff.

But that's not what IS is supposed to make you feel, so a bit of an unfair comparison...

IS is the suspense BEFORE they walk on with the Supremacy riff.

I think waiting for like half an hour for them to get started is enough suspense:LOL:

I prefer to get electronic-string'd in the face. I can see why people like IS too, though.

My favourite opener is We Are The Universe too. It's just perfect.

If IS was two minutes shorter and Matt's guitar is shown on the pyramid at the end, it would top WATU.

So, between Unsustainable and IS I'd say Unsustainable works best as intro, but if I was going to a Muse show tomorrow I'd hope for IS as intro, it looks fantastic despite the too long length.

I didn't follow the TR setlists closely... were there shows that got both? I thought there were just a few "backwards" shows with TaB, and they both opened with Exo 1.

I'd say there were more TaB gigs with WATU than without. Or at least very close.

I'd say there were more TaB gigs with WATU than without. Or at least very close.

Well. I thought of the stadium gigs that had both "WATU", Exo 1 and TaB, but thinking of it that wasn't really WATU, was it?

I don't recall seeing any arena setlist that got Take A Bow and WATU at the same time, too...