Matt interview with VMusic

I don't dislike Showbiz, but I always felt there was a pretty big leap from that to OoS, hence why so many people on here think it's their best album.

I think he meant that the song Showbiz wasn't too different from OOS, not that the albums are similar.

Showbiz is an absolutely mega live song and it's one of the only songs from that album that I think should be played live nowadays (along with Muscle Museum and Sunburn). The rest, I can understand them not playing or not being that bothered about, even if I like them.

I think he meant that the song Showbiz wasn't too different from OOS, not that the albums are similar.

Showbiz is an absolutely mega live song and it's one of the only songs from that album that I think should be played live nowadays (along with Muscle Museum and Sunburn). The rest, I can understand them not playing or not being that bothered about, even if I like them.

:yesey:

Awesome interview. Like the gambling analogy, and having studied ancient history in college, he does make some good points about stone architecture lasting longer than any other. Damn. If I ever got to interview Mr. Bellamy, I'd make sure drinks were involved. Sounds like a fun conversationalist. :happy:

This. I love Sober and Fillip but I have no desire to hear them live nowadays, unless they pull them out for the 20th anniversary, but Showbiz is the top of my list for that

I know that :LOL: I meant, he didn't actually say he believed it was real. Hell, he actually said it was a hill shaped like a pyramid.

Well he implies that he believes it's a pyramid. He says it's bigger than the Giza one, and that it's the biggest pyramid ever. :phu:

HTAILY is such an underrated song.

Also, the creepy circus version of MM from the Absolution Tour was absolutely amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm-NZhpRtUA

EDIT: Omg, Matt's guitar actually sounds like a guitar! :'(. What was wrong with just plugging it into an amp and PA without all the stupid crap he has going on these days? Plus, bring back more whammy. Whammy rocks.

I would die if I saw Showbiz. Muscle Museum would be great, the Glasto version is immense (and not 90s at all). Cave would be cool as well, if it was guitar. Never was that keen on jazzy piano version

one of my fave versions of MM ;D

the ninties have not left us, nor the naughties.. great times and great music still sounding great today. i mean the charts back then were pretty good, today i have no idea who is in the charts and nor do i wish to. keep your wub wub. how many rock or metal tracks are there in the charts.. not many. theres no teenage angst anymore. in the reality of 1984 censorship people need to fight the power ;)

strip it all right back, fuck the faff and be 3 lads making rocking music, none of these poncy outfits and being image concious. Im sure there are a few toilets left to play in

i wonder what Matt reckons to Atlantis and all that.. that surely has more credence than the bosnian pyramids

one of my fave versions of MM ;D

the ninties have not left us, nor the naughties.. great times and great music still sounding great today. i mean the charts back then were pretty good, today i have no idea who is in the charts and nor do i wish to. keep your wub wub. how many rock or metal tracks are there in the charts.. not many. theres no teenage angst anymore. in the reality of 1984 censorship people need to fight the power ;)

strip it all right back, fuck the faff and be 3 lads making rocking music, none of these poncy outfits and being image concious. Im sure there are a few toilets left to play in

i wonder what Matt reckons to Atlantis and all that.. that surely has more credence than the bosnian pyramids

90s angst was pretty commercialized and trendy. Not really some revolutionary movement.

I went through it in high school; you are correct.

it kinda was. the old school bands who had romped the charts were suddenly knocked off the charts by grunge, new wave, brit rock - exciting new acts. there was a real sick of the whole system thing going on and that included politics. there was a big changing of the guard and older rock acts become very unpopular. but thats the way i saw it.

anyhow theres only so much RATM you can handle before you switch on some classical music. :LOL:

besides, i think that T2L stadium production is the most elaborate gig ive ever been to. so much going on as well as the band playing.