Matt interview with VMusic

t's been 10 months since the release of The 2nd Law, What has it been like touring the album compared to The Resistance or Black Holes & Revelations?

It's been great. This album has come across better live than the last few albums - there are definitely a lot more rocking tracks.

>has come across better live than the last few albums

>there are definitely a lot more rocking tracks

>they barely played the rocking tracks from the last few albums

I approve of the multiple uses of the word 'geezer'. It's an underutilized word.

Pyramids being power sources is a theory I've heard on Ancient Aliens. Granted some of the things on that show are ridiculous, other make you think, 'hmm, it's possible'.

I don't want people listening to [showbiz] my first album in 30 years time. I'll pretty much hope that it's been forgotten.

:stunned:

I doubt it. They've shown signs of not really liking Showbiz much anymore for a while now, like a lot of bands with their debut.

Well he also says "Some of the songs are okay actually, but it's more the way we performed them and the production I would have like to have done differently.", so I actually agree with him.

Showbiz (song) though :(

Well he also says "Some of the songs are okay actually, but it's more the way we performed them and the production I would have like to have done differently.", so I actually agree with him.

Showbiz (song) though :(

Well the fact Sunburn and Unintended are the only Showbiz songs they've brought back in the last 4 years without some big change show that he really think that.

I do hope they remember the title track. Surely he wouldn't be ashamed of that one!

That was great. The pyramid bit was ridiculous at the end :LOL:

Shame he doesn't like Showbiz so much. Wonder what songs he does think are decent enough. Sunburn and Unintended (after some changes) obviously, and presumably Falling Down.

Chris said they thought Muscle Museum sounded too 90s or something so presume that's gone. Would be a shame if they dislike Showbiz now

I don't think they can possibly dislike Showbiz. It's not really different from the OoS stuff

I don't dislike Showbiz, but I always felt there was a pretty big leap from that to OoS, hence why so many people on here think it's their best album.

There are a few really, really good songs on there that have aged well, like Sunburn, Unintended, and the title track, but others, like Sober, Overdue, and Filip, are pretty angsty, which is fine. But it would be weird to see them go from "Yes, I'm gonna WIIIIIINNNN!" to "Royal Canadian blended" live.

HTAILY is such an underrated song.

Also, the creepy circus version of MM from the Absolution Tour was absolutely amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm-NZhpRtUA

EDIT: Omg, Matt's guitar actually sounds like a guitar! :'(. What was wrong with just plugging it into an amp and PA without all the stupid crap he has going on these days? Plus, bring back more whammy. Whammy rocks.

In Bosnia there's a pyramid (a new one), they've found the biggest one ever. I tell you what, go on to the internet and type in "the new Bosnian pyramid" and you'll find pictures of this great big hill shaped like a pyramid. It's massive - way bigger than the Giza one. Look it up, it's interesting.

Matt..... :LOL: But at least he now knows where I live... gonna hope they will show up here in the next 10 years.