Muse Tour DVD/Bluray?!

0KEN0

Maybe so. But it kinda discredits the whole 'world's best live band' schtick if you have to touch it up in the studio afterwards. The joy of live music is partly the imperfection. Muse don't seem to understand this.

Plus, I've just remember Starlight is closing. Ergh.

True. But they shouldn't be afraid of it. Again, as I've said so many times, it's this horrendous pursuit of the perfect, catch all product. T2L was the same - cover as much ground as possible to appeal to as many people as possible. It's music and performances for people with little to no attention spans.

Whereas Origin or Absolution, or Glastonbury 2004 or Reading 2011, sound as good now as they ever have because they are cohesive pieces of work, similarly brilliant but not without their flaws which make them what they are.

True. But they shouldn't be afraid of it. Again, as I've said so many times, it's this horrendous pursuit of the perfect, catch all product. T2L was the same - cover as much ground as possible to appeal to as many people as possible. It's music and performances for people with little to no attention spans.

Whereas Origin or Absolution, or Glastonbury 2004 or Reading 2011, sound as good now as they ever have because they are cohesive pieces of work, similarly brilliant but not without their flaws which make them what they are.

From the noises that are being made, the next album may be right up your street then :happy:

Watched the film in cinema yesterday. It is just OK. Only by the end I really enjoyed it, especially Survival and Uprising.

One moment which was very weired is cutting from Unsustainable intro into Supremacy. Why would one do that? Could not understand it.

Surpisingly, Guiding Light was filmed to make the song enjoyable.

Otherwise, meeh :stunned:

Completely agree. I think cutting songs from the DVD would come under this too, all it does is break up the experience of the gig. One minute we'll see them playing TIRO on the main stage, next it'll be GL on the b stage and I imagine this sort of thing will take the viewer out of the experience. It kind of annoys me that this is the only live release so far on what has been a fantastic tour. Now watch them cut the Zepp down to the second encore...

I really wouldn't mind if the cut the standard songs out of the Zepp show, and just showed the rarities and costumes, tbh.

I thought the entire sound mix during Survival was off... Either that, or the hipster cinema I was at just had terrible sound in general.

The backing vocals sounded extremely odd and distracting, and it was actually quite hard to hear Matt at all.

I found myself wondering if this wasn't why it is omitted from the CD.

Post details, as oppose to a lot of people, i always enjoyed the solo

I enjoyed the solo at etihad too. They have the lightbulb and show shots of the crowd 'crying' at the end which is quite funny. Plus matt gets the crowd to shout at the drum parts which doesn't really fit imo but still was a bit of fun.

I found UD a lot more exciting to watch because you got to see matt and the crowd's facial expressions/reactions

I really wouldn't mind if the cut the standard songs out of the Zepp show, and just showed the rarities and costumes, tbh.

I thought the entire sound mix during Survival was off... Either that, or the hipster cinema I was at just had terrible sound in general.

The backing vocals sounded extremely odd and distracting, and it was actually quite hard to hear Matt at all.

I found myself wondering if this wasn't why it is omitted from the CD.

I thought the sound was incredible, best I'd ever heard muse

I thought the sound during all of the show but Survival was fantastic. The crowd noise could have been dialed down a notch or two, but I can understand why they made that choice.

There was something definitely wrong with Survival when I saw it, though. The backing vocals sounded almost digitized, and didn't seem to be completely in synch with what was going on.

Matt's voice was hard to hear, and the final notes were drowned out entirely.

At least when I saw it.

The barrier walk during UD was actually pretty amusing; loved watching Matt smile and laugh during singing the song. Was cute. :happy:

I thought the sound during all of the show but Survival was fantastic. The crowd noise could have been dialed down a notch or two, but I can understand why they made that choice.

There was something definitely wrong with Survival when I saw it, though. The backing vocals sounded almost digitized, and didn't seem to be completely in synch with what was going on.

Matt's voice was hard to hear, and the final notes were drowned out entirely.

At least when I saw it.

The barrier walk during UD was actually pretty amusing; loved watching Matt smile and laugh during singing the song. Was cute. :happy:

That's how they sound. Should remove them completely imo.

Ok, that was underwhelming.

I'm not sure whether it was down to the cinema not having properly audio-settings for a concert or if it was just bad mixing, but the sound felt flat and lacked punch. All the instruments and vocal kinda melted together into some mushy soup.

The setlist was as expected, really, really bad. What the fuck were they thinking not cutting Explorers? The split-screen during Animals and Feeling Good was a shit idea, making the show feel even more distant than in real-life.

Every time there were parts that the crowd was supposed to sing along to, the audio levels were so significantly increased that it felt embarrassing, most noticeably during Plug in Baby.

And people were right, they actually layered the G#5 on top of the Eb5 at the end of Survival. What a fucking stupid thing to do :LOL: If you can't sing it, then don't pretend you can.

/end rant

Plus: Really good quality visually and a good performance by the band.

Ok, that was underwhelming.

I'm not sure whether it was down to the cinema not having properly audio-settings for a concert or if it was just bad mixing, but the sound felt flat and lacked punch. All the instruments and vocal kinda melted together into some mushy soup.

The setlist was as expected, really, really bad. What the fuck were they thinking not cutting Explorers? The split-screen during Animals and Feeling Good was a shit idea, making the show feel even more distant than in real-life.

Every time there were parts that the crowd was supposed to sing along to, the audio levels were so significantly increased that it felt embarrassing, most noticeably during Plug in Baby.

And people were right, they actually layered the G#5 on top of the Eb5 at the end of Survival. What a fucking stupid thing to do :LOL: If you can't sing it, then don't pretend you can.

/end rant

Plus: Really good quality visually and a good performance by the band.

Somehow I'm not surprised by any of this.

Archived