Muse Tour Comparisons: Which one was better?

Dominic.

bootlegs lol

You can't form an opinion of the BHaR tour, as you didn't go to any gigs from the BHaR tour.

/jamie :awesome:

:awesome:

Also the Absolution Tour looked best imo. Good setlists, great material, still mental performances but it looked like they'd matured as a band since oos tour, they were tighter and the guitar tone sounds 10x better, imo.

T2L tone is immense. Lacks some proper raw high gain valve amp sounds though, sounds a bit dull in places. Absolution tones were the best...

The actual tone on T2L guitars is not too bad but the volume and position in the mix are both a bit suspect. Plug in Baby in particular suffers from this - at the O2 last October I thought the guitar tone lacked energy and bite.

Listening back to BH&R recordings the tone really was weak. Guitar had no power in it.

Abso sounded great although I'm not sure how it would sound in person cause from experience of T2L it sounded a bit weaker in person than from more pro recordings (although I have yet to hear those new settings he dialed in a few weeks ago).

TR was OK towards the end but lacked some bite at times.

They sounded crap on nearly all of the BH&R tour. Matt's guitar sounded like an electric tin opener, Dom's drums had no oomph and Chris's bass was just a fuzzy mess.

Listen to Knights at Reading 2006, that fuzz tone is just awful :LOL:.

They sounded crap on nearly all of the BH&R tour. Matt's guitar sounded like an electric tin opener, Dom's drums had no oomph and Chris's bass was just a fuzzy mess.

guiding light tone is bettter yeaaa

The BHAR guitar tone for Showbiz was pretty good though.

It's essentially the same tone as the Knights one - it just fits must better in Showbiz. Those two performances at Reading were blistering, great versions, just sounded poor instrumentally.

Matt really goes for it on both of them :D. I saw them at Eden just a few days before Reading and Showbiz was phenomenal then.

HAARP as a whole is not really that well mixed from an audio perspective. It does sound processed a lot more than it does on bootleg versions, and it's particularly there in the messy sounding bass. Maligned as it is, TR tour has a stronger feel to it.

The Shepherd's Bush and V08 gigs have a good sounding tone and mix. However everything in-between doesn't seem to share this strength.

Which says a lot about the Black Holes era tones.

... yes. :chuckle:

Tbf SBE is half-decent. Not a patch on anything from the previous tours though.

Agreed - 06/07 was just poor in terms of tones/mix across all four major instruments.

The one that bugs me most is the Apocalypse Please intro from HAARP. You can barely even hear the drums!

That's true. They're also quite weak on Supermassive Black Hole.

... yes. :chuckle:

Tbf SBE is half-decent. Not a patch on anything from the previous tours though.

But... dat Supermassive tone:

:supersad:

That's true. They're also quite weak on Supermassive Black Hole.

Well, whole HAARP sounds pretty shitty.

Also, one thing I love about Abso Tour is the amount of vocal distortion used in many songs.

Also, one thing I love about Abso Tour is the amount of vocal distortion used in many songs.

The problem is that the vocals were often too low in the mix due to the distortion and other effects.

The vocal effects on the BH&R tour were definitely the best imo.

Archived