gocanux

If and when they do play it, the movement should move towards other older material that hasn't seen the light of day in forever. I don't see it as greedy at all, they're a live band at heart and while the shows may be a little too coordinated with video cameras and a stage setup worth at least a couple hundred thousand, if not a couple million, we could use a little more variation than just "Sunburn or United States of Eurasia" and "Hysteria or Map"

It'd be nice to see a roulette wheel filled with some of these songs because I mean, Muse is one of the only bands out there that have a reasonable amount of fans that will travel from city to city and if there's back to back dates at the same venue, they'll see the same people night after night after night on the barrier.

Assassin

Bliss

City of Delusion

Citizen Erased

Micro Cuts

Muscle Museum

The Small Print

One or two songs a night to appease the hardcore audience is nothing and I mean, it'd get the board to stop bitching. More tickets would sell, they'd see more of the same faces on the barrier night after night after night (which I'm sure they appreciate) and fans that haven't been exposed to older material will be like "what is this? It's pretty good" and buy it on iTunes.

Everyone wins.

One or two songs a night to appease the hardcore audience is nothing and I mean, it'd get the board to stop bitching. More tickets would sell, they'd see more of the same faces on the barrier night after night after night (which I'm sure they appreciate) and fans that haven't been exposed to older material will be like "what is this? It's pretty good" and buy it on iTunes.

Everyone wins.

I've been saying this since the last tour really. They don't need to play Earl's Court-tier setlists every night, just one or two board-favorite rarer songs shuffled into the singles would be more than enough to please fans.

In fact, for the European leg of the tour they did just that for the most part. One amazing piano shuffle slot and over 20 songs a night. Then there were things like Bliss and Host that made appearances. Go figure for those few months I've never seen the board so peaceful and accepting of what Muse were doing.

Then once they started North America it just kinda all backtracked. Sure, the setlists are still far superior to 2010 which was possibly the dullest leg of their career, but the fact that they downgraded in quality in so many aspects from 2012 is rather disappointing. Also the whole thing of NA getting the worse sets only started last tour. I really don't hope it doesn't continue to be a trend.

I gotta say I don't know how I feel about signs after it's been played once already.

Maybe they will put it on the rotation, every three or so gigs or something. But if not, and it was just a one off, begging for more seems kind of.....I don't know. Greedy.

But, you know, do whatcha gonna do. I really hope Matt isn't trolling.

if it's to be a one-off, I would really think that it'd take place in the U.S. not gonna deny that I'm greedy (I brought four different signs to the Grammy Museum gig :p) but everyone wants Dead Star. for me, it wouldn't hurt to try. the worst that can happen is the band getting annoyed of the signs but come on...they're just signs, and we as fans are showing our love for their music. we haven't been shouting over Starlight recently. :chuckle:

oh that reminds me, Dylan and them did do that in Canada. Dead Star's NA debut in Toronto makes more sense now (in my mind :chuckle:).

oh I would love Assassin or MC but I think it'd take a movement to bring those back up as well. Maybe the movement should rotate songs? LOL ok now I'm getting really greedy :LOL:

I wasn't there for the 2010 tour, but am I right in saying at least the performance quality is better? I mean, they seem to LIKE being here this time. I don' think that could be said for 2010 from what I hear.

Definitely. They seem to be enjoying themselves so much more and the atmosphere I got from this tour was a lot more energetic than the last one.

They still put in impressive shows in 2010, but it felt way too rehearsed, like every little gimmick and move was just repeated to the point of boredom.

I mean it's easy to brush off the Board as being a bunch of whiners but the only reason people DEMAND longer set lists is because pretty much every radio hit they've ever had is being played and over 50% of the latest album is being played every single night.

All the hardcore audience wants is one or two rare songs rotated and I definitely wouldn't consider anything like Map of the Problematique/Hysteria or Stockholm/New Born "rare".

Even if the roulette spinner doesn't happen, bring back the "dealer's choice" meaning every night, one of the band members gets to choose a song. I'm sure they'd enjoy touring a hell of a lot more if they did that than run through the same three or four variations every night.

I realize that's a problem with all the high tech equipment and they're not playing theaters anymore, but Sign o' the Times looked great visually and they pulled that one out. I'm sure the guys could work their magic and I'm sure they could come up with "generic visuals".

I really just want longer setlists cause of price. Last tour felt a bit much paying for 16-18 songs when I could get longer for $15 at a local venue. Or seeing them at a festival that gave them a 2 hour slot and having them finish it up in 90 minutes.

Even this tour's concert was around 20 songs and I felt satisfied by the end. I'd love to see them in a stadium set of even more.

I mean it's easy to brush off the Board as being a bunch of whiners but the only reason people DEMAND longer set lists is because pretty much every radio hit they've ever had is being played and over 50% of the latest album is being played every single night.
Not really. I mostly just want longer shows.

of course im always up for them playing longer sets/more variation with oldies, but i feel like using the signs as a way to request songs on a nightly basis may be a bit much. when i saw dylan, rebecca and everyone elses stories and made the page i felt like Dead Star was the only song it really felt perfect for because literally EVERYONE wouldnt mind hearing that with 100% certainty.

on the flip side, it would be a good way to show them the other songs we still love and maybe they actually could take hints from that and form more varied shows, something that North America has long needed and deserved

look at that, i convinced myself to switch stances as i typed the post. i guess im in!

if people want to do that please join this page (the Dead Star Movement facebook page) https://www.facebook.com/groups/534022079962202/

i can just change it to a generic "The Rare Songs Movement" page and we can see if musers can agree on which song to pick next (which should without a doubt be fun to watch given who we all are :p)

They still put in impressive shows in 2010, but it felt way too rehearsed, like every little gimmick and move was just repeated to the point of boredom.

To be fair, it's not like they've totally stopped with the gimmicks. There's still a fair few there now, but yeah, it's a lot better than 2010 when just about everything felt rehearsed.

If and when they do play it, the movement should move towards other older material that hasn't seen the light of day in forever. I don't see it as greedy at all, they're a live band at heart and while the shows may be a little too coordinated with video cameras and a stage setup worth at least a couple hundred thousand, if not a couple million, we could use a little more variation than just "Sunburn or United States of Eurasia" and "Hysteria or Map"

It'd be nice to see a roulette wheel filled with some of these songs because I mean, Muse is one of the only bands out there that have a reasonable amount of fans that will travel from city to city and if there's back to back dates at the same venue, they'll see the same people night after night after night on the barrier.

Assassin

Bliss

City of Delusion

Citizen Erased

Micro Cuts

Muscle Museum

The Small Print

Everyone wins.

Agreed, although it's probably unrealistic. I dunno. Even though I think their shows this tour have been pretty damn good they do need something unpredictable in there. At first the roulette was that because we thought it was random and that the blank green slot might have something special, but now it's obvious that it's just a gimmick. Having something like Dealer's Choice would be the perfect way to do it

I would be more in favor of Glorious for the 2nd US leg. :chuckle:

Seriously, though... Tonight is my birthday, and I was originally going to travel with friends to see Muse.

Couldn't get off work, and one of the friend's couldn't get their paperwork sorted to cross the border, so we cancelled the trip.

I'm now working 2nd shift at my heinous job, on my birthday, with about 1/3 the staff needed to complete the job on time.

With the laws that seem to govern my life, I would say there's a VERY good chance they'll play Dead Star. :LOL:

So, you're welcome!

I would be more in favor of Glorious for the 2nd US leg. :chuckle:

Seriously, though... Tonight is my birthday, and I was originally going to travel with friends to see Muse.

Couldn't get off work, and one of the friend's couldn't get their paperwork sorted to cross the border, so we cancelled the trip.

I'm now working 2nd shift at my heinous job, on my birthday, with about 1/3 the staff needed to complete the job on time.

With the laws that seem to govern my life, I would say there's a VERY good chance they'll play Dead Star. :LOL:

So, you're welcome!

Aw!:supersad:

Happy Birthday!

Archived