gocanux

Can't tell if srs.

he refuses to give me any credit since i myself have not been to a show yet where i could actually hold signs up, despite making the facebook page and co creating the petition that jessica set up in the first place.

he also thinks that my idea to start this came from him talking about how he screams dead star whereas it actually came from your post on the .mu boards :)

edit: referring to the post made musemom that is!

he refuses to give me any credit since i myself have not been to a show yet where i could actually hold signs up, despite making the facebook page and co creating the petition that jessica set up in the first place.

he also thinks that my idea to start this came from him talking about how he screams dead star whereas it actually came from your post on the .mu boards :)

That conveniently happened the day after this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HkC-BbxjxQ

and the signs I made a template for which he then proceded to take credit for, and then NOT even bring to his show that he went to. Really doing all the hard work.

Never mind the fact that I printed out 50 today for the show, and that Matt butchered the singalong in Starlight tonight to TALK to us at the barrier to find out if we will be there tomorrow night (which I filmed, to be posted in about 15 minutes when it's done uploading)

Well it sounds to me like we all worked hard to help the band see that we care about Dead Star and the older songs, and it appears to be working, yay us.

and I do mean us.

Credit where credit is due. The cool thing about spontaneous movements like this, is that when one or more people get the same idea simultaneously, and we see similar ideas being voiced it gives us validation to come out and say what we are thinking. I don't think any ONE person could or should claim "credit" it was just such a widely held feeling, it had to be manifested.

Sounds like love and harmony to me.

btw can't wait to see your video!

Off my soapbox. goodnight kids.

That conveniently happened the day after this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HkC-BbxjxQ

and the signs I made a template for which he then proceded to take credit for, and then NOT even bring to his show that he went to. Really doing all the hard work.

Never mind the fact that I printed out 50 today for the show, and that Matt butchered the singalong in Starlight tonight to TALK to us at the barrier to find out if we will be there tomorrow night (which I filmed, to be posted in about 15 minutes when it's done uploading)

yes it happened after the video. i watched the video. my idea for the whole thing didnt occur however until after i read musemom's post. yes you made the template for the signs. but im fairly positive most people wouldve came up with DEAD STAR for a sign, so dont boast as if youre idea is 100% original and no one else wouldve thought of it.

as far as credit goes i have never publically said "this was all 100% my idea and i deserve all the credit" nor have i ever said "the signs were my idea". so dont say i took credit for all your work. and like i responded to you on the facebook page, when i attend my four shows in the upcoming week, i fully intend on making signs for all of them. but you knew that already

so yes, you have obviously been a large contributor. and if dead star is played tomrrow night, which it sounds like it very well will be; that would be awesome! and you definitely would be deserving of loads of credit.

all that said, i think i would deserve a nice tiny amount of credit for making the facebook page and kicking off the iPetition with jessica, dont ya think? maybe?

Well it sounds to me like we all worked hard to help the band see that we care about Dead Star and the older songs, and it appears to be working, yay us.

and I do mean us.

Credit where credit is due.

agreed. group effort = group effort

edit: and yes i wanna see this video also! id get fucking chills if matt started talking to me during a gig!

Woah.

He'll play the riff :awesome:

oh and happy birthday Jess :kiss:

:LOL: And I hope it's more than just the riff.

Thanks! :kiss:

...I do mean us.

Credit where credit is due. The cool thing about spontaneous movements like this, is that when one or more people get the same idea simultaneously, and we see similar ideas being voiced it gives us validation to come out and say what we are thinking. I don't think any ONE person could or should claim "credit" it was just such a widely held feeling, it had to be manifested...

Agreed! Credit doesn't matter. This is why we can't have nice things! :noey: The only thing that does matter is if the damn song gets played live in North America or not.

:LOL: And I hope it's more than just the riff.

Thanks! :kiss:

Agreed! Credit doesn't matter. This is why we can't have nice things! :noey: The only thing that does matter is if the damn song gets played live in North America or not.

we need to have some kind of muser celebration worldwide!! haha. this would be such an awesome accomplishment.

i can see the headlines now "Musers are so annoying that even North Americans can get Dead Star played on their continent"

IN YOUR FACE EUROPE

I am freaking OUT!!!

YAY!!!!

The second night is not sold out is it?

IF IT IS NOT SOLD OUT AND THEY PLAY DEAD STAR I AM GOING TO BUST A CAP :mad::mad::mad:

:$

oh what am I saying. congrats to the Toronto folks. at least there's hope for Dead Star in America...and maybe not just in NYC? :supersad:

IF IT IS NOT SOLD OUT AND THEY PLAY DEAD STAR I AM GOING TO BUST A CAP :mad::mad::mad:

:$

oh what am I saying. congrats to the Toronto folks. at least there's hope for Dead Star in America...and maybe not just in NYC? :supersad:

i think if its played tomorrow itll definitely open the floodgates. i know when i arrive at MSG i will have A LOT of signs to hand out. we need to come out in full force

Back at the LA gigs, I did the same thing for Citizen Erased but only 20 or maybe 30 people held it up out of at least 100+ signs distributed.

If you're going to do this at the Garden, you should write directions on the back like someone did at the Vegas show, that way people don't forget.

yeah not a bad idea.

I gotta say I don't know how I feel about signs after it's been played once already.

Maybe they will put it on the rotation, every three or so gigs or something. But if not, and it was just a one off, begging for more seems kind of.....I don't know. Greedy.

But, you know, do whatcha gonna do. I really hope Matt isn't trolling.

Back at the LA gigs, I did the same thing for Citizen Erased but only 20 or maybe 30 people held it up out of at least 100+ signs distributed.

If you're going to do this at the Garden, you should write directions on the back like someone did at the Vegas show, that way people don't forget.

Good idea. ;)

I gotta say I don't know how I feel about signs after it's been played once already.

Maybe they will put it on the rotation, every three or so gigs or something. But if not, and it was just a one off, begging for more seems kind of.....I don't know. Greedy.

But, you know, do whatcha gonna do. I really hope Matt isn't trolling.

yeah trolling matt would equal = chaos

i guess it could be viewed as greedy. but up until tonight i think most of us felt that if Dead Star were to be played it would be at MSG.. so i guess its not too out of the realm to do it anyway, especially if the signs are held up in vast numbers

yeah trolling matt would equal = chaos

i guess it could be viewed as greedy. but up until tonight i think most of us felt that if Dead Star were to be played it would be at MSG.. so i guess its not too out of the realm to do it anyway, especially if the signs are held up in vast numbers

I am really thinking they've just planned to pull it out as part of a rotation for the two night gigs...I really don't see them throwing it in to a one night town just because there are lots of signs for it. Not their style.

I am really thinking they've just planned to pull it out as part of a rotation for the two night gigs...I really don't see them throwing it in to a one night town just because there are lots of signs for it. Not their style.

yeah that makes sense. i mean if you look at the rest of the shows on this leg MSG night 2 would be the consensus "we should get something special tonight" concert

@dylb88,

Have you thought about maybe printing up some signs that say "Thank You" ? I just think that after being pestered for an entire leg of the tour, if they play it tomorrow night, it would be a nice gesture to have the signs say thank you after the song.

Just a thought.

Archived