Unsustainable live...mimed?

Kid_a2

When they perform Unsustainable live do you think it is mimed? After watching the making of videos it looks like Matt uses quite a bit of pedals for making the dubstep sounds but live he is no where near any pedals and just rocks back and forth. Sometimes live it also makes the higher pitched sound that he gets from hitting the strings above the nut in the making of video but he doesn't do it during the performance. Any thoughts?

I also really don't see the point for having the whammy automated. Is it that hard to just do it himself?

Well he'd still need it automated in some way to switch between the modes that quickly no? Although yeah, I personally think it would be a lot cooler if he did the treadle action by himself

Well he'd still need it automated in some way to switch between the modes that quickly no? Although yeah, I personally think it would be a lot cooler if he did the treadle action by himself

Well yeah you could have the automation to change modes (although I think you can pull it off with -1oct) but controlling the treadle himself would be a lot cooler since it would mean variations each show.

The main argument for using automations is to move around and shit, but all Matt really does is stand over by the drumkit instead of standing over by his pedal board.

Well yeah you could have the automation to change modes (although I think you can pull it off with -1oct) but controlling the treadle himself would be a lot cooler since it would mean variations each show.

The main argument for using automations is to move around and shit, but all Matt really does is stand over by the drumkit instead of standing over by his pedal board.

Yeah, and everyone loves a bit of treadle action. Just lube that Whammy up and rock that motherfucker

There is no pedal part during the singing. My guess is just that he doesn't want the first thing they hear to be OHHHHHHHHHH instead of those first lyrics of Supremacy.

Yeah I know. But I would be happier to hear his voice in that part rather than him controlling the whammy by himself.

I think it's mainly that fact that it's a hard part to sing.

And yes, this is true too.

Archived