NME awards 2013

Csutimano

"Vote now to determine the nominees in the NME Awards 2013 - the music awards voted by you. The NME Awards 2013 will take place on Wednesday, February 27 at East London venue Troxy."

http://www.nme.com/awards/vote

Matt, Dom and Chris are also up for sexiest men in music.

You can vote here: http://www.nme.com/ratemy/291232/hottest-man-in-music-2012

I think Matt might be getting the Godlike Genius award this year... They posted a gallery this week of Matt and his quotes, called something like "The genius quotes of Matt Bellamy", and they did the same a month or so before they announced Noel Gallagher was announced... So, maybe... Just speculation. Would be cool.

I think Matt might be getting the Godlike Genius award this year... They posted a gallery this week of Matt and his quotes, called something like "The genius quotes of Matt Bellamy", and they did the same a month or so before they announced Noel Gallagher was announced... So, maybe... Just speculation. Would be cool.

As much as I love him, I don't think he deserves it just yet, especially when so many people still haven't been honoured with it. I'm surprised Thom Yorke hasn't had it yet to be honest, although he probably wouldn't give two shits what NME think of him.

As much as I love him, I don't think he deserves it just yet, especially when so many people still haven't been honoured with it. I'm surprised Thom Yorke hasn't had it yet to be honest, although he probably wouldn't give two shits what NME think of him.

I get where you're coming from, but you can tell the NME are preparing for a year of Muse-bumming... So it's not exactly unlikely...

I think if it's not Matt, The Stone Roses could well get it this year (Even though Ian Brown has already had it solo)...

I don't know they might :erm: things have died down with the foo fighters...it's a personal thing I guess

Tbf that award came a few months before Wasting Light, then they toured it and now they're having a rest period before a future album. :)

As for this I think it'll be The Stone Roses. It seems like NME would do that - Bellamy's probably an album or two from doing this.

Tbf that award came a few months before Wasting Light, then they toured it and now they're having a rest period before a future album. :)

As for this I think it'll be The Stone Roses. It seems like NME would do that - Bellamy's probably an album or two from doing this.

good :happy:

cant work out where to submit my votes :erm:

I don't know they might :erm: things have died down with the foo fighters...it's a personal thing I guess

They might, and why? :chuckle:

Did they ever give the award to a band and not to just a single artist? Ian Brown already got it in 2006.

I'd say even more than that. The people who I know have won the award so far had been going for a long time, had more than one successful project/band and were very significant people, I don't think Matt's anywhere near that just yet.

Honestly, I think Damon Albarn, Graham Coxon or Thom Yorke will win it before Matt.

If I'm not mistaken, The Clash have won it as a collective.

Checked now. Massive Attack, U2, The Clash, New Order & Joy Division, Primal Scream, Manic Street Preachers, Jane's Addiction, The Cure all won Godlike Genius awards :LOL:

Why did I think that it was just for single artists?

Archived