NME awards 2013

Csutimano

I think the joke's on NME, actually. I don't know, there is just something off about a rock music magazine targeting a manufactured boyband in this way. It's just so cheap, ya know? Of course they fucking suck. Hardy har har, let's nominate some completely normal teen boy for a villain because Simon Cowell is a calculating money-machine. It would be far more appropriate for NME to just nominate bands within the genre of music they usually cover and not go for the obvious, or at least bands that consists of adults.

Those girls who wrote the e-mails are probably about 15, and will facepalm themselves in a couple of years for caring so much. Now you have adult journalists laughing at their expense. Really witty stuff.

As much as I hate manufactured music, I really, really agree with what you said.

As much as I hate manufactured music, I really, really agree with what you said.

As much as I love to hate the NME as much as the next person, the categories were chosen by NME readers, so it's not really the NME targeting them. Much the same as it was NME readers who put Muse in the worst band catagorie. :chuckle:

As much as I love to hate the NME as much as the next person, the categories were chosen by NME readers, so it's not really the NME targeting them. Much the same as it was NME readers who put Muse in the worst band catagorie. :chuckle:

I thought Muse fans look for a quick lol were the main lot who went for Worst Band.

As for this, there aren't really many "worst" awards out there, but then I suppose it's all subjective. I don't like One Direction's music so it's natural I would go along with their presence on a Worst Band list but others - not least those quotes/emails done up - may not, although to say Harry Styles is a villain is a bit of a stretch.

Best International Band (supported by Rekorderlig)

Winner: The Killers

Best New Band (supported by Spotify)

Winner: Palma Violets

Best Album (supported by Hoxton Gin)

Winner: The Maccabees – 'Given To The Wild'

:LOL: at all of these.

I would take being named Villain of the year by NME as a positive thing. They literally get nothing right so if anything it would probably mean I'm a pretty great guy.

Best International Band (supported by Rekorderlig)

Winner: The Killers

Best New Band (supported by Spotify)

Winner: Palma Violets

Best Album (supported by Hoxton Gin)

Winner: The Maccabees – 'Given To The Wild'

:LOL: at all of these.

I would take being named Villain of the year by NME as a positive thing. They literally get nothing right so if anything it would probably mean I'm a pretty great guy.

Given to the Wild is a great album:wtf::p

"Listen up you little shits..." :LOL::LOL::LOL: bahahahaaa!

That's too funny.

Also funny seeing how angry people got on twitter about Matt wining hottest male :LOL:

These awards are made by fans for fans, can't take it all seriously. 1D seem to be doing quite well so i don't think that award will hurt them.

1D fans getting butthurt over a PUBLIC voted award. Shows the maturity of teenage girls these days...

Oh I can think of a few Muse fans who'd have been equally butthurt if Muse had won, and I'm not necessarily thinking of teenagers!

Archived