I don' think you guys understand...I AM listing for just about what I paid for it after shipping and the conversion rate to USD. It was over $7,000 US when I bought it (with shipping). The conversion rate sucks for USD.

Unfortunately the fundamental flaw with setting the price so high is that you are forgetting that the item is secondhand and with that kind of price you can actually have Manson produce a very high spec custom build of your dreams and still have enough left over for a Sunday Lunch.

I appreciate that you are selling it for what you paid for, but as a secondhand item it becomes devalued as a general rule. The only way you can make it an attractive purchase to any enthusiast is if you save them money by buying from you and making it worth while.

If the sole reason for the price is because you're personal financial situation is bad and things have gotten tough at home, your target market isn't necessarily a Muse fan who wants a shit-hot guitar, it's someone who's rich and charitable.

Unfortunately the fundamental flaw with setting the price so high is that you are forgetting that the item is secondhand and with that kind of price you can actually have Manson produce a very high spec custom build of your dreams and still have enough left over for a Sunday Lunch.

Hell, you could even buy Bs' guitar (magic bridge and all) and have enough left for breakfast

Anyhow. 6x aluminum ebay knobs for sale. £15 including worldwide postage.

These ones. I haven't even taken them out of the packaging yet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-knob-5608-Jackson-Bros-Tap-M3-new-/251292966232

Hell, you could even buy Bs' guitar (magic bridge and all) and have enough left for breakfast

Anyhow. 6x aluminum ebay knobs for sale. £15 including worldwide postage.

These ones. I haven't even taken them out of the packaging yet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-knob-5608-Jackson-Bros-Tap-M3-new-/251292966232

I thought they were legit Manson ones for a second and got all excited :(

Anyone know if it's possible to buy sets of Manson custom machine heads? I quite fancy a set for one of my les pauls but on their website I've only seen them as an option for an MA-2.

Just checked and it has an option called 'Custom Hardware Self Install' so Im guessing you can buy the separately.

Anyone know if it's possible to buy sets of Manson custom machine heads? I quite fancy a set for one of my les pauls but on their website I've only seen them as an option for an MA-2.

If they do, keep in mind that they might not fit your guitar. They're usually installed on gotoh machine heads, and I'm guessing your les paul has grovers

I thought they were legit Manson ones for a second and got all excited :(

I think I might have one black painted one left (from the stealth too), but I'm not sure.

I might have some of these ebay ones anodized if I can find someone who can do it.

Thanks for the link, I hadn't looked that far since I think it says on a previous page that the stuff is just for MA-2s.

If they do, keep in mind that they might not fit your guitar. They're usually installed on gotoh machine heads, and I'm guessing your les paul has grovers

Was a bit worried about that, I might just wait until I get a manson

Oooh, I thought you meant you'd replaced yours...or is that what you mean? :facepalm:

Haha I don't blame you for thinking that :facepalm:

Nah I just meant the original MB-1 was replaced with the MB-1S. Does this make them worth more? Because I sent that other seller on ebay (the one for £6000) a message saying it was the obsolete model and I would take it off his hands for a few hundred.

He didn't answer.

Interesting. Still prefer the humbucker look myself so glad I got that when I did, even if it ended up scratched to hell and back, haha!

Not sure which I prefer, but the single coil version in 001 ended up with some scratches as well. :confused: Not as noticeable obviously.

How did you end up paying that?

I can't remember the exact price of the MB-1 as it's been replaced, but the MB-1S (which I believe is more) is £3953 (red glitter with MIDI screen)

That's equal to just under $6500.

BUT

remove 20% VAT for us american folk and it's £3162.40

which is equal to about $5175

Then with shipping ($200) and customs charges (usually around $300) it comes out to under $5500.

I doubt the batch it was made in really matters. I know someone in the US sold their black MB-1 for $5000 about a year ago. rust_relic sold his first batch MB-1 (also the first red one ever made) for around the price of a new one.

Total price from MGW was £3,457.50 (shipping, upgrades,etc). The conversion rate made it about $5,700. Then the bank wire fees...they only accept bank wire...was another $300. So we're at $6,000, then customs was $275.

Now we're at $6,275.

I am also including my Korg Kaoss Pad KP3: $350 and my custom made dual channel effects loop.

So, that's about $6,600.

Why am I defending myself? This is total crap.

I appreciate that you are selling it for what you paid for, but as a secondhand item it becomes devalued as a general rule. The only way you can make it an attractive purchase to any enthusiast is if you save them money by buying from you and making it worth while.

If the sole reason for the price is because you're personal financial situation is bad and things have gotten tough at home, your target market isn't necessarily a Muse fan who wants a shit-hot guitar, it's someone who's rich and charitable.

Wrong. If this were a guitar that you could just dial up guiatarcenter.com and buy right away, or call MGW and order one, then your argument would be true.

The fact is that there IS intrinsic value in the fact that it is rare and very hard to find AND that they are nearly impossible to find for sale on the aftermarket.

An item's value is what someone is willing to pay for it. I HATE that I am selling this guitar, but it is one thing that I own that I am confident that I can sell for close to what I paid for it. This is my decision and I don't give a flying f what you all think about it...I don't owe anyone an explanation.

Also, your theory that a used guitar is worth less than it's retail price is ridiculous.

Total price from MGW was £3,457.50 (shipping, upgrades,etc). The conversion rate made it about $5,700. Then the bank wire fees...they only accept bank wire...was another $300. So we're at $6,000, then customs was $275.

Now we're at $6,275.

I am also including my Korg Kaoss Pad KP3: $350 and my custom made dual channel effects loop.

So, that's about $6,600.

Why am I defending myself? This is total crap.

i don't think James was insinuating that the price doesn't match, just wondered how you got there.

But yeah, sucks losing a job man, hope you find a buyer

i don't think James was insinuating that the price doesn't match, just wondered how you got there.

But yeah, sucks losing a job man, hope you find a buyer

Yeah that's all it was :erm:

Still true though.

In most cases anyway.

I don't know if the MB-1 would be an exception. While they're still in production (or at least the MB-1S is) they're not always available, so there will always be someone willing to pay extra if one shows up second hand

But if it's something mass produced like a gibson or fender which can be bought at any guitar shop, then it wouldn't be worth as much as it originally was since a new one could be had for the exact same price (or less)

Wrong. If this were a guitar that you could just dial up guiatarcenter.com and buy right away, or call MGW and order one, then your argument would be true.

The fact is that there IS intrinsic value in the fact that it is rare and very hard to find AND that they are nearly impossible to find for sale on the aftermarket.

An item's value is what someone is willing to pay for it. I HATE that I am selling this guitar, but it is one thing that I own that I am confident that I can sell for close to what I paid for it. This is my decision and I don't give a flying f what you all think about it...I don't owe anyone an explanation.

Also, your theory that a used guitar is worth less than it's retail price is ridiculous.

But I would probably argue that it isn't rare.

All I'm trying to say is that with the cost you are asking, I would rather ring up Mansons, and have them build me an MB-1 to the spec I want. I would save money (though not much more but still) from getting it new from them.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have to wait much longer to recieve it, but investment is investment at the end of the day.

Look at it this way, when I saw you had one for sale I got a bit excited and considered it, until I saw the price... and location. All I'm giving you is feedback from the consumer perspective.

But I would probably argue that it isn't rare.

All I'm trying to say is that with the cost you are asking, I would rather ring up Mansons, and have them build me an MB-1 to the spec I want. I would save money (though not much more but still) from getting it new from them.

Don't get me wrong, I'd have to wait much longer to recieve it, but investment is investment at the end of the day.

Look at it this way, when I saw you had one for sale I got a bit excited and considered it, until I saw the price... and location. All I'm giving you is feedback from the consumer perspective.

They wouldn't build you an MB1 to your spec though. You can't even order a custom in that shape.