Also, your theory that a used guitar is worth less than it's retail price is ridiculous.

Unless we're talking vintage guitars, then it is not ridiculous. Selling a new guitar second hand, the only way it will be worth more is if the demand for it is far greater than supply. While the MB-1 is rare, it is also an extremely niche guitar, new it is highly priced and it's features require further purchases of equipment to utilise them.

The people with the kind of money to buy one will more than likely want a brand new one and more than likely already own other guitars, so the need to have one now won't exist.

If Manson chose to stop production, the value would skyrocket.

Also in regards to shop bought guitars, I've seen USA Fenders going for the same or higher than retail in the UK as the price of them has jumped up so much. Even taking into consideration inflation, no one who bought the old generation of USA Fenders isn't doing too bad with second hand value.

Unless we're talking vintage guitars, then it is not ridiculous. Selling a new guitar second hand, the only way it will be worth more is if the demand for it is far greater than supply. While the MB-1 is rare, it is also an extremely niche guitar, new it is highly priced and it's features require further purchases of equipment to utilise them.

The people with the kind of money to buy one will more than likely want a brand new one and more than likely already own other guitars, so the need to have one now won't exist.

If Manson chose to stop production, the value would skyrocket.

Also in regards to shop bought guitars, I've seen USA Fenders going for the same or higher than retail in the UK as the price of them has jumped up so much. Even taking into consideration inflation, no one who bought the old generation of USA Fenders isn't doing too bad with second hand value.

Two kinds of people in this situation. Ones that want it new, and will be patient on the waiting list, and ones that want it now, and will pay the money to get it now.

Look at all the people that are selling PS4's for double the shelf price simply because they are hard to come by right now, yet in a few months time they will be a lot easier to find.

Personally I'd wait for a brand new one if I am spending the money, but there are people that would want one now if they could have it, especially if it was in like new condition.

The seller will either find someone who will spend money for it now, or the price will start to come down. No job sadly means you have to find money somehow.

Two kinds of people in this situation. Ones that want it new, and will be patient on the waiting list, and ones that want it now, and will pay the money to get it now.

Look at all the people that are selling PS4's for double the shelf price simply because they are hard to come by right now, yet in a few months time they will be a lot easier to find.

Not quite the same scenario. With the PS4, people are buying to be amongst the first to have one and also there is a huge amount of hype surrounding it at the moment, contributing to an increase in demand.

By comparison to the MB-1, it is much more affordable and far less of a niche product, so with the lack of supply to cope with demand, drives up the resale value. And yes, it will be a short lived thing once supply matches demand, resale value is as much about timing as it is about the product itself.

To be honest if i lost my job and had to sell my guitars i would be going for the highest offer

If you've lost your job, then could you afford to hold out to be able to get the highest offer possible?

If someone was selling an item they didn't need and had no financial issues, they would be in a far better position to hold out as long as possible for someone to give them the price they wanted. If someone has financial issues, then they have to sell it at some point, so might as well hold out until they get desperate. ;)

So it did not sell at $7,000. So, I've re-listed it at a starting bid of $5,000 (including KP3 and my custom dual-loop switch box).

This is less I paid for everything, but I think it's more than fair.

Thanks for all the advice. Like I said, I hate to sell it, but I have to do what's necessary to support my family.

I won't sell it for less than $5,000. I'm not that desperate!

This is a luxury item that I could part with for the right price, but I'll just keep it in my guitar collection if no one offers $5,000 USD.

Posting these for someone else - PM me and I'll forward the contact information if there's any interest

electro harmonix big muff (the illegal russian one) - £20

korg kaoss pad 2 (just like marx from meus) includes box, warranty, etc and gold plated MIDI lead - £60.

Hi all,

I am looking to sell my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier. It comes with a Mesa five button foot-switch and MIDI cable and a Mesa cover for the head. It's also the UK version! £1,100 ono.

Orange PCC 212 OB cabinet. Great condition and only gigged a handful amount of times. £250 ono.

Selling due to upgrading to an Axe FX.

Willing to do something if you want both. I am based in Wiltshire. Cash on collection or may consider delivering for a cost!

Feel free to PM me with any offers!!!

open to ideas :-) no mars bars though, i am off chocolate :-)

I was going to offer you that #chinesemoney (worth approx $50!) but would you be interested in that suhr I mentioned not long ago? I'd say it's worth about what you were asking for the trussart (traded my other guitars for it, but it was priced at $3650)

I was going to offer you that #chinesemoney (worth approx $50!) but would you be interested in that suhr I mentioned not long ago? I'd say it's worth about what you were asking for the trussart (traded my other guitars for it, but it was priced at $3650)

suhr? do you have a link? also side subject, have you installed ghost saddles on any of your builds?