I am selling my beautiful 4th generation MB-1. Red Glitter, standard hardware, X-Y Midi pad.

It is in ABSOLUTELY PERFECT condition. I've literally only played it a handful of times (less than 10).

ONLY SERIOUS INQUIRIES!!

Please email or message me if you are interested: ryoung011@yahoo.com

MB1-002.thumb.jpg.767a761d75ad005719ce8917bebd4c43.jpg

So im guessing by that starting price you only bought this to try make a profit?

Actually, no. I am not scalping. I have it listed in USD for just a bit more than I paid for it (exchange rate, shipping, etc).

I bought this guitar in 2012 (after putting my name on a wait-list in 2011) and would only play it on "special occasions", as it is very special to me.

However, I lost my job a couple of months ago and I now support my mother who has Alzheimers. The US economy is absolutely horrible for small business right now and I am forced to sell the guitar in order to pay bills for my family.

I have no clue what the value of the guitar is at this point as there is no data to go on...where would I find the price for an MB-1 on the after-market? I just assumed it is worth quite a bit because of its rarity.

Do you all know what a fair value is for a 4th gen MB-1? I payed about $7,500 US (with shipping).

Edited by ryoung011

Actually, no. I am not scalping. I have it listed in USD for just a bit more than I paid for it (exchange rate, shipping, etc).

I bought this guitar in 2012 (after putting my name on a wait-list in 2011) and would only play it on "special occasions", as it is very special to me.

However, I lost my job a couple of months ago and I now support my mother who has Alzheimers. The US economy is absolutely horrible for small business right now and I am forced to sell the guitar in order to pay bills for my family.

I have no clue what the value of the guitar is at this point as there is no data to go on...where would I find the price for an MB-1 on the after-market? I just assumed it is worth quite a bit because of its rarity.

Do you all know what a fair value is for a 4th gen MB-1? I payed about $6,500 US (with shipping).

Still scalping if you're raising the price. If it's an auction with the price at RRP and people bid more then yes, bonus. But raising it up without a bit of back story to why you're selling and the guitar not being used sounded like you bought it with the intention of selling it for profit.

Perceptron at work

Still scalping if you're raising the price. If it's an auction with the price at RRP and people bid more then yes, bonus. But raising it up without a bit of back story to why you're selling and the guitar not being used sounded like you bought it with the intention of selling it for profit.

Perceptron at work

I don' think you guys understand...I AM listing for just about what I paid for it after shipping and the conversion rate to USD. It was over $7,000 US when I bought it (with shipping). The conversion rate sucks for USD.

Speak to James90 as I think he has sold one before, there may be others who have.

Typically this wouldn't be something you can buy and then sell after a short period of time for a profit. If Mansons went bust or they decided to never build any more, then you'd have reason to sell at a higher price.

I don' think you guys understand...I AM listing for just about what I paid for it after shipping and the conversion rate to USD. It was over $7,000 US when I bought it (with shipping). The conversion rate sucks for USD.

Just perception at first, must be sad being forced to sell your guitar after only acquiring it. Hope you get back on your feet and perhaps not need to sell it :)

Woah. Sorry to hear about the situation. My comment was more directed at the fact you may find it hard to sell at that price. It's your guitar, you can sell it for however much you like - don't agree with the scalping comment either as I can't see a problem with it. Not as if its a gig ticket or something.

Woah. Sorry to hear about the situation. My comment was more directed at the fact you may find it hard to sell at that price. It's your guitar, you can sell it for however much you like - don't agree with the scalping comment either as I can't see a problem with it. Not as if its a gig ticket or something.

you can't see a problem with scalping a limited edition guitar? not that this situation is scalping as he was intending on keeping it but situations screwed him over (seen this far too many times which saddens me)

BUT

are you saying you don't see it as a problem if 25 people went and bought the guitars, got on the list blah blah and upon receiving it they put it on ebay for sale immediately. That's ok? Basically scalping can be a massive problem like it did with the iPhone 5s. Fortunately we don't have scalpers for guitars, otherwise they'd be more beefs

you can't see a problem with scalping a limited edition guitar? not that this situation is scalping as he was intending on keeping it but situations screwed him over (seen this far too many times which saddens me)

BUT

are you saying you don't see it as a problem if 25 people went and bought the guitars, got on the list blah blah and upon receiving it they put it on ebay for sale immediately. That's ok? Basically scalping can be a massive problem like it did with the iPhone 5s. Fortunately we don't have scalpers for guitars, otherwise they'd be more beefs

Anti-capitalism in K&T. :happy:

Do you all know what a fair value is for a 4th gen MB-1? I payed about $7,500 US (with shipping).

How did you end up paying that?

I can't remember the exact price of the MB-1 as it's been replaced, but the MB-1S (which I believe is more) is £3953 (red glitter with MIDI screen)

That's equal to just under $6500.

BUT

remove 20% VAT for us american folk and it's £3162.40

which is equal to about $5175

Then with shipping ($200) and customs charges (usually around $300) it comes out to under $5500.

I doubt the batch it was made in really matters. I know someone in the US sold their black MB-1 for $5000 about a year ago. rust_relic sold his first batch MB-1 (also the first red one ever made) for around the price of a new one.

Not to hijack this discussion but... selling something and worth trying here.

Nordstrand MM5.2 (Lakland/19mm spacing)

Recently bought this to go into my OLP MM3. Would have been fantastic for me if it wasn't for the fact I completely messed up the pickup pole spacing and should've got 16mm instead. Hasn't been soldered or used so pretty much new. In original box and includes original three screws.

$90USD shipped

bgNDTpu.jpg