got another big purchase planned, so need to make a bit of room

2013_Manson_E-62.jpg

body_close.jpg

headstock.jpg

VERY good condition overall. Some light play wear and some chipping in the bridge pickup finish, but no issues otherwise. Plays great. Has MBK-2 pickup set. Includes hiscox hardshell case

1992_fender_mij_62_reissue_stratocaster.jpg

body_angle.jpg

headstock-1.jpg

good shape overall, has a slight chip in the neck pocket near the cutaway (will get a picture of this), but isn't too bad and doesn't appear to go deeper than the finish. Plays great. Pickups are US made, but I don't know what ones. The finish on this is nitro unlike most of them, so it might be a limited edition of some sort? I don't know. Includes newer SKB/fender hardshell case.

catalinbread_perseus.jpg

catalinbread perseus. there might be something wrong with this pedals as it just sounds really glitchy (maybe it's just picking up something), so i'm selling it as is. £25.

Smart_People_Facotry_Red_Threat.jpg

smart people factory red threat. somewhat rare pedal. it sounds like a cross between a high gain distortion and big muff in my opinion. works as it should. includes original box. £50

db_design_black_magic.jpg

DB design black magic fuzz. basically a modified fuzz face. has a boost switch which doesn't really do anything. finish isn't in great shape, but it works as it should. £35

Ibanez_TS9_Tube_Screamer.jpg

ibanez TS 9 tube screamer. excellent shape, no issues at all. purchased new a few months back. includes original box. £50.

all prices include worldwide shipping

So far I've owned 1 American Standard Tele & 4 Tele Plus's from the 90's, I've wanted an American Standard Strat for ages but always seem to find myself buying a Tele or a Manson instead, these are mine in the top 2 pictures

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Telecaster_Plus

If you do find one I would recommend the ones made from 1986 - 2007 which had proper bridge saddles on there

2288943676_944d368963_zps4f05f240.jpg

After that the guitars looked a bit cheaper, more like the Mexican versions

strat08bridge_zps1d5367fd.jpg

just my humble opinion of course :)

If you want my honest opinion on the japanese vs. american fenders (nothing to do with trying to sell anything ;) ), I think the japanese ones are far more consistent. I actually bought that guitar because I wasn't able to find a new US strat that I could get along with - they all didn't feel or sound right, but maybe I just prefer the older strat specs.

This one's meant to be a reissue of a '62 strat, so it has pretty good specs, even though it's probably not THAT close to the original spec. Body is alder (the standard MIJ strats are usually basswood). pickups are US made Fender, but I have no idea which ones. They're not the custom shop ones like in the later '62 reissues, I know that much.

I can't remember, but it might be the ST-62 VSP model since that appears to be the only one that has a nitro finish. This was made in 1992 though, so I'm not sure. I imported it from japan, so it would've been made for the japanese market.

http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/st62-vsp.html

The only Japanese Strat I've played was great, but it had different pickups to stock, so can't comment on how it sounds normally.

The 50's and 60's reissues Strats are also great guitars, never bother with the Mexican Standard Strats.

Generally never found the whole consistency thing to be true with Fenders, might get some in the shop that are poorly setup, but that hardly represents the quality of the guitars. Get any USA Standard and get it to a guy who knows how to set them up and you won't regret it.

Edit - Not played the recent USA Strats though since they last changed them.

Edited by haze015

:LOL: sneaky

I should hold a raffle as I ended up with too many bottles of this. You'd get one by default of course

IMG_0113.jpg

The only Japanese Strat I've played was great, but it had different pickups to stock, so can't comment on how it sounds normally.

The 50's and 60's reissues Strats are also great guitars, never bother with the Mexican Standard Strats.

Generally never found the whole consistency thing to be true with Fenders, might get some in the shop that are poorly setup, but that hardly represents the quality of the guitars. Get any USA Standard and get it to a guy who knows how to set them up and you won't regret it.

Edit - Not played the recent USA Strats though since they last changed them.

The one I have for sale is a good sounding guitar - it's a little bright sounding, but I never felt the need to change anything. The MIM strats are good guitars - I bought a mid 90's mexican "squier series" strat for modding recently, but it's not a bad guitar in its stock form.

and yeah, that's true with any guitar really.

FWIW, I have a MIJ Strat from 1990, and I haven't come across a better USA in terms of sound or playability. It does have quite a plasticky finish though, that's the only thing I would change.

i had a 1990 MIJ strat, but it was the one with the floyd rose and basswood body. neck was a bit too thin for me, but i don't know if someone had sanded it down or what. nice guitar other than that