As someone who knows nothing about playing instruments...

sangforabsolution

The "technically best band" is such a useless subject. It's like asking which football player can balance a ball on their head for the longest time.

Since that ability is close to totally useless in their profession, not very many will care to show the world how long they can do it. Just like many bands are more technically proficient than they let on. Why don't they show it, you may ask. Well the answer is simple: Because they have no reason to.

And that, kids, is why superbands rarely ever work.

Well the answer is simple: Because they have no reason to.

Ahhh.... But if Muse were to do one, complete utter wankfest of a song, where all three of them wank so hard on their instruments that they ignite into flames and blow up at the end (or before the end) of the song.... THAT would be so fucking SEXY. :LOL:

Where's that melting "awesome" emoticon?

Ahhh.... But if Muse were to do one, complete utter wankfest of a song, where all three of them wank so hard on their instruments that they ignite into flames and blow up at the end (or before the end) of the song.... THAT would be so fucking SEXY. :LOL:

Where's that melting "awesome" emoticon?

Citizen Erased is pretty fucking close to that song for me. I have no idea if it's the best they can do or what constitutes the most difficult technique or whatever, but my ears like it, and pretty much my clothes fall off by the end.

Citizen Erased is pretty fucking close to that song for me. I have no idea if it's the best they can do or what constitutes the most difficult technique or whatever, but my ears like it, and pretty much my clothes fall off by the end.

Um well, sorry to tell you, but Citizen Erased isn't that hard to play. Being a musical materpiece doesn't imply having a high level of technical difficulty.

Yeah well then... I guess... yeah...

That kinda makes your opinion irrelevant :stunned:

Maybe you're right, I don't really care :$

That's with these Germans, who are using spoilers, when they speak to Sippe. :noey:

I'm sure Sippe respects your right to be wrong. :happy:

I really don't care for the musical quality as long as I like what I hear.

:eyebrows:

What a mess of a thread.

Anyway, thought I'd point out that Butch Vig compared Dom to Neil Peart a few months ago.

http://www.musicradar.com/rhythm/video-butch-vig-talks-grohl-hawkins-howard-cool-and-chamberlin-553366

If THAT is not a huge compliment for a drummer, I don't know what it is.

Thank you for posting this video! Someone mentioned what Butch Vig had said about Dom but didn't cite their source. I can now show this to my friend who likes Rush and prove to him that he should give Muse a listen. :D

My main issue is I can't hold a single bloody note (unless I'm pushing it) for longer than maybe 1.5 seconds without it 'trembling' (can't remember what the right way to say it is). A lack of 'control' I guess, in particular when holding lower notes. On the flip side I can do the chest to head to chest transition pretty smoothly. YEAH, since we were comparing. ~really pointless post/ignore~

My main issue is I can't hold a single bloody note for longer than maybe 1.5 seconds without it 'trembling' (can't remember what the right way to say it is). On the flip side I can do the chest to head to chest transition pretty smoothly. YEAH, since we were comparing. ~really pointless post/ignore~

Well, you just have to train breathing. It's a matter of training, really. My chest voice is really good, on the flip side I can't change to head voice without fucking up everything :$

sorry for being so awfully off-topic....

Archived