Manson CE-7 Guitar (Pope Jazz Hands Signature)

JimboMansonMB-1

People complaining about price? :facepalm:

Once I read they were chucking in a case and a few good wooden goodies it sounded better but I still think it's valid for people to complain about the price. I don't mean to offend, but we do truly pay the price for the name rather than the product with most Manson custom guitars. This is thankfully less pricey than the MB series which I cannot understand. :LOL:

It's nice to see a Manson that's 'relatively' affordable.

I'm fully expecting the top spec version of whatever sig series they do next year to hit 4000 and maybe break it :rolleyes:

you haven't seen these?

http://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/categories/m-series-13

I'm guessing the E series is also built there, but more of the work is done in the UK afterwards

and I'm not sure what they would do next. I was thinking something like a solid mirror top (based on the earls court), but probably with a painted back.

But it probably wouldn't be worth it because it would be very similar to the DL-1

Hi Jamie,

We can change the pickup for the 6 or 7-string to an MBK-1 or even an MB-neck humbucker rather than P-90 - there's no 'signature' element to this guitar at all, especially as I came up with the shape in about 1992 and had a bass made to that design! It is of course a great compliment and honour that Matt has used this model and now has his own guitar as part of our range. It's that MB shape and model we don't like to tinker with as its a spec Matt has agreed and co-designed. There'll be a new Manson MB model released at our guitar show this year!

Regards

Adrian

:pope:

Should I believe this after you tried to convince me the CE-7 was a one off? :ninja:

It's that or the new ones. I'm convinced its 007 because its the only one thats economical to build. No mirrors or chromes. No midis or Ali.

If they did the 7 string MoC I'm jumping ship so hard. Even potentially with carbon fibre

Once I read they were chucking in a case and a few good wooden goodies it sounded better but I still think it's valid for people to complain about the price. I don't mean to offend, but we do truly pay the price for the name rather than the product with most Manson custom guitars. This is thankfully less pricey than the MB series which I cannot understand. :LOL:

Compared to what though? A Gibson? Or something similar? Expensive, yes, but for the quality you're getting, it seems fair enough really...They've got the MAs which are amazing quality for the price, and then they've got the more expensive stuff for people who want something extra and a bit more special...Obviously price has gone up with demand, which is fair enough really...But for what you're getting, compared to a lot of other guitar companies who just mass produce stuff and cut costs wherever they can, compromising the quality in many cases, I don't think you can complain too much...

Very interested to see what new MB model might be, and also Adrian's take on the CE guitar...Interesting to hear that...

I expect Hugh is positively wetting himself with excitement in anticipation of hearing the Citzen Erased riff played 100 times a day from now on.

I'm pretty sure he already does, haha! Last time I went down, I was only there for an hour or two, and I definitely heard a handful of Muse riffs being played in the background during that time...

Edited by Bs

Compared to what though? A Gibson? Or something similar? Expensive, yes, but for the quality you're getting, it seems fair enough really...They've got the MAs which are amazing quality for the price, and then they've got the more expensive stuff for people who want something extra and a bit more special...Obviously price has gone up with demand, which is fair enough really...But for what you're getting, compared to a lot of other guitar companies who just mass produce stuff and cut costs wherever they can, compromising the quality in many cases, I don't think you can complain too much...

There will always be some that are overly expensive *cough* Gibson *cough*

Look, I freaking love that guitar, it's my favourite Manson that Bellorz plays and if I had the money laying around, sure, I'd probably be on the list, though the reality is that $3,300-3,800 (assuming my currency here) on what will be a niche instrument for some is a very costly decision, irrespective of how good the quality of the instrument is.

Is it worth the three songs you'll likely play on it? That's more so what I'm getting at here.

or AEADGBe?

That's what my custom's having...Standard tuning, and with a low A...There's probably about a dozen songs at the moment, where I'd use a low A, but can't really think of much use for a low B...Obviously that's down to individual preference though...But yeah, I'd want to keep the normal 6 strings in a standard tuning you can use for non-7 string stuff too...