The Third Single: Follow Me

michael8888

I don't know if other countries got that abomination of a Gotye "single" (the remixed one that was passed off as the original song) but it seems we definately don't like slow starters on our mainstream radio...

Huh? As an Australian, I can assure you that 'Somebody that I used to know' by Gotye that hit number one in America was the original version...

Huh? As an Australian, I can assure you that 'Somebody that I used to know' by Gotye that hit number one in America was the original version...

Maybe the "single" itself, as on the album and iTunes. However, the version that caught on the radio began with the "chorus," had the vocals on the first verse cranked up, the second verse removed, and had a thumping dance beat through the entire song...

It was an abomination... and unfortunately, a lot of people were pissed at the album version.

I'll see if I can find a link.

• 2 weeks later...
If Black Holes had 5 singles I still have hope on T2L will have at least 4.

For now, the most coherent thing is:

- Madness

- Follow Me

- Panic Station

- Big Freeze/Animals

Right. The next one should be Follow Me, then Panic Station.

I also think they'll include their Sign O' The Times cover as a B-Side to Panic Station,

it's just a guess though, but it would be awesome! They're kind of similar.

Right. The next one should be Follow Me, then Panic Station.

I also think they'll include their Sign O' The Times cover as a B-Side to Panic Station,

it's just a guess though, but it would be awesome! They're kind of similar.

Wait. What? They have already done the Sign O' The Times cover? When?

I think they'll probably stick with four singles this time around (if you don't count Survival). Panic Station and Follow Me are the most obvious choices left for singles with the only other possibility (that I can see) being Big Freeze, and even then, I don't think that's particularly great single material.

I doubt Supremacy would perform well if it was released as a single. And even though I hate Follow Me, that's likely to be either the second or third single before or after Panic Station. If they choose to release another, I think Big Freeze would be awesome.

Say what you want but it's the highest 2nd Law song in the Spotify charts, even above Madness.

Archived