Double Bass Pedal, YES. Heavy = Good.

Not necessarily. Linkin Park's latest is the heaviest of their career, and I'd say it's their worst as well.

Double pedal could open up some nice possibilities (though it sounds like there's a little bit on the SS outro to me, so maybe it's not a new thing).

Assassin's heavier sequel.

Feelin' rigid.

Not necessarily. Linkin Park's latest is the heaviest of their career, and I'd say it's their worst as well.

...Is that some kind of sick, twisted joke?!?!

Their new album is the best thing they've done since Hybrid Theory and Meteora! The fans are all rejoicing and finally got what they wanted. Chester's scream is back and the band worked the hardest they ever have on an album!

The drummer had to take fitness classes and nearly got put into hospital he got worked so hard!

Each to their own I guess...but I loved the hunting party and think it's possibly their best release yet.

Their new album is the best thing they've done since Hybrid Theory and Meteora! The fans are all rejoicing and finally got what they wanted. Chester's scream is back and the band worked the hardest they ever have on an album!

The drummer had to take fitness classes and nearly got put into hospital he got worked so hard!

Each to their own I guess...but I loved the hunting party and think it's possibly their best release yet.

:LOL:

This is not an opinion I have seen often.

I'd be lying if I said Muse getting "back to their roots" doesn't make me slightly nervous.

This is not an opinion I have seen often.

I'd be lying if I said Muse getting "back to their roots" doesn't make me slightly nervous.

Really? I haven't heard anyone bad mouth the album! I guess I only really know hardcore Linkin park fans though, and we've been sitting through all the average stuff waiting for a return to form. I think most of the fanbase was lost a long time ago sadly.

Luckily with Muse they are a lot different and I think this will definitely be a return to form and will be much more complex than the Linkin Park return to roots/heavy sound.

I don't think you can compare the two bands anyways. Muse are the best and on their own unchallenged level of amazing.

Minutes was alright...it was what followed that wasn't...and hands held high was awful. The slow songs on that album were shockers. Once Linkin park started getting all political I began to lose interest....I wasn't listening to them for that. They went to absolute rock bottom after that album...Turned into a boy band releasing remix albums and mash ups of old songs. I don't want to think about it...makes me sad! The Hunting Party is a step in the right direction 👍

Chester is hell keen to tour with Muse though, he tweeted about it a little while ago. I doubt it would ever happen though!

Hybrid Theory was the only thing LP did of any merit at all. The rest, save for one or two tracks from Meteora, is utter gash.

/on-topic

I'd love a new Muse album that largely shuns the classical baggage they've accumulated. I.e. little to no string parts, no choirs, tone back the operatic sections.

Just something quite straight-forward. That would be interesting to hear at this stage of their career.

I don't even like A Thousand Suns, but it was the only album where I felt they genuinely were trying to make something larger and different (by their standards of course).

Kind of similar to how I felt about The Resistance as failed experiements, but inversely I thought the core of that was Muse not taking enough risk.

Meteora was like Hybrid Theory 2 anyways. I don't see how it can be very different in quality. Even in popularity they're pretty evenly matched.

Archived