Where's the piano and the classical?

pianohero

Aside from the lyrical content and musicianship that makes Muse awesome, as a piano player, I loved the playability of their tunes (by playability I mean that they sounded awesome being played on the piano). Examples of things that sound great when I play them, Exogenesis (all three parts), take a bow (although it has no piano, the classical arrangement lends itself awesomely to the piano), the French part of "I belong to you", etc. there aren't any real piano, or classical songs here (one song has a piano, but it's showtunes-y). The closest thing to a pianoy song is Animals. Why? The piano and the classical made Muse unique. Great songs though, for example, I love "save me", but it would be terribly boring to play on the piano.

Aside from the lyrical content and musicianship that makes Muse awesome, as a piano player, I loved the playability of their tunes (by playability I mean that they sounded awesome being played on the piano). Examples of things that sound great when I play them, Exogenesis (all three parts), take a bow (although it has no piano, the classical arrangement lends itself awesomely to the piano), the French part of "I belong to you", etc. there aren't any real piano, or classical songs here (one song has a piano, but it's showtunes-y). The closest thing to a pianoy song is Animals. Why? The piano and the classical made Muse unique. Great songs though, for example, I love "save me", but it would be terribly boring to play on the piano.

Isolated System isn't piano-driven? And it sounds so good.

I do miss the piano as well. It's used sparingly and pretty basic parts. Not that it's ever really been intensely difficult, but it would have been nice to hear something a bit more involved. What's there suits the songs though so I can't complain on that level, but I would gladly get rid of a song or four for something else.

I actually thought "where's the epic, lead piano stuff?" after listening once or twice. And after several listens, there is some nice piano driven stuff, but it's not much after getting Exogenesis and USoE on the last album. There's still some nice piano going on though,

Explorers seems fairly piano driven, and IS is basically a piano song, but apart from that, nothing major that I can hear.

• 2 months later...

How is Survival not a piano song ??? The whole song sounds killer on the piano + it has clearly been composed on the piano because of the harmony that I think is more likely to be composed on the piano... :p Ok and verses of Supremacy as well... (and of course Explorers and IS )

How is Survival not a piano song ??? The whole song sounds killer on the piano + it has clearly been composed on the piano because of the harmony that I think is more likely to be composed on the piano... :p Ok and verses of Supremacy as well... (and of course Explorers and IS )

Most Muse songs were composed on the piano.

Funny how you didn't mention Animals though.

Archived