Why did you just pay for FLAC quality then compress it?

Oh dear.

As I said people, boottunes is your friend.

To an audiophile, this would be like recording a blu-ray on to VHS and then watching it! OK, maybe not quite as bad but you are losing the pristine quality by going from FLAC to MP3.

I guess no harm if you don't notice it and don't have a particulary good sound system to listen to it on!

As I said, n00b in this area so I didn't know it was reducing the sound quality :( Thanks for the heads-up: I'll be off to boottunes once the download actually decides to start... at some point in time, possibly in this century.

"This file has been already been downloaded the maximum number of times. Please contact for more information."

:mad:

Oh great, I'm definitely gonna get this message as I've hit 'download now' way more than three times, although nothing has actually downloaded. No way letting them get away with suggesting I've downloaded it though :fear:

Word of warning. Boottunes is for gigs so just make sure you put a .txt file in the folder the 2nd Law is in and enter a random date and venue and it will convert for you :)

Ta. This seems like something I'll have to deal with far in the future at this rate, but thanks for info. Damn HD file had to be insanely big! The sound quality better be worth it :p

I should really be sleeping (need to be up in 5 hrs) but I keep checking back to the site.

They sent it to me on Friday I think, although didn't allow me to download it until today of course. Maybe check old emails if you missed it?

I checked. I don't see anything with a download code :'(

It's ok. If I don't have an email by the 2nd, I'll flip out contact customer support.

Well I guess it's slightly comforting to know that it's not just me being told I've downloaded too many times... :LOL:

Just pondering who people are actually contacting about getting this corrected? IMImobile have a contact link here, but it seems awfully unsuitable. Would I want to request a meeting, a demo, or attend a Mobile Asia Expo workshop? Decisions, decisions.

Well I guess it's slightly comforting to know that it's not just me being told I've downloaded too many times... :LOL:

Just pondering who people are actually contacting about getting this corrected? IMImobile have a contact link here, but it seems awfully unsuitable. Would I want to request a meeting, a demo, or attend a Mobile Asia Expo workshop? Decisions, decisions.

I'm pretty sure contacting them is out of the question. Maybe someone who got lucky and did it early could give us their code?

Agreed, It's moments like these that makes me feel like a fool for paying for music.

This industry is well behind the times.

They have a lot of people downloading at once. That's enough to make any server go crazy. The fact they're allowing a full FLAC is a pretty neat thing.

They have a lot of people downloading at once. That's enough to make any server go crazy.

I've heard that reasoning too many times, there are distribution methods that would overcome this problem.

The fact they're allowing a full FLAC is a pretty neat thing.

We paid a hefty price to be "allowed" the privilege.

I've heard that reasoning too many times, there are distribution methods that would overcome this problem.

Like what? With the amount of fans they have most servers would be clogged with that much downloading.

We paid a hefty price to be "allowed" the privilege.

You don't pay that much for the FLAC alone, there's a lot of stuff. And getting a direct-from-session lossless set of files isn't much of a privilege.

Archived