I read somewhere that human ear can't really hear the differences in sound quality above 128 kbps MP3 and it only seems to us that the sound is better in e.g. 320 kbps file (not to mention FLACs).

I think it depends mostly on speakers/headphones quality though.

:LOL:

I read somewhere that human ear can't really hear the differences in sound quality above 128 kbps MP3 and it only seems to us that the sound is better in e.g. 320 kbps file (not to mention FLACs).

I think it depends mostly on speakers/headphones quality though.

There are some ways to tell. Mainly in the more extreme frequencies I can tell the difference.

There is a very obvious difference between 128kbps mp3s and 320kbps mp3s, not to mention lossless files like FLAC.

I sometimes like to compare the whole thing to fps in video games. I read somewhere once that a human eye shouldn't really notice a difference between 30fps and 60fps, but it's really a day and night difference. At least for me, it is.

I guess it depends a bit on the person, too. Some people can't really hear any difference between mp3s and flac files, while others can hear a massive difference.

After the concert I have to say one thing that occurred to me was that none of the album really works live that much. And my that I mean, I can't see a single song on this album evoking a mass sing along, clap along, circle pit, or other participation, like the songs from OoS, Absolution,. BHaR and TR I saw tonight. I guess a few people got involved in Survival and there was some standard clapping along to Follow Me but it was nothing compared to the reaction the other songs involved :(

After the concert I have to say one thing that occurred to me was that none of the album really works live that much. And my that I mean, I can't see a single song on this album evoking a mass sing along, clap along, circle pit, or other participation, like the songs from OoS, Absolution,. BHaR and TR I saw tonight. I guess a few people got involved in Survival and there was some standard clapping along to Follow Me but it was nothing compared to the reaction the other songs involved :(

The album isn't out yet. TR tracks went down like a lead balloon in Teignmouth.

But they're still new songs and most of the people there had probably never heard them before: I think only a few would have been following the band's promo and heard the whole thing already.

They're not the most sing-along type of songs but they need time to evolve live. I'm sure Follow Me, Panic Station, Survival and even Madness will have big live backing after a while.

Anyways, happy T2L day everyone! Album's finally, officially out. Gonna start downloading the HD file now. Hope it doesn't take 5 hours like the email said it could, lol.

But they're still new songs and most of the people there had probably never heard them before: I think only a few would have been following the band's promo and heard the whole thing already.

They're not the most sing-along type of songs but they need time to evolve live. I'm sure Follow Me, Panic Station, Survival and even Madness will have big live backing after a while.

Anyways, happy T2L day everyone! Album's finally, officially out. Gonna start downloading the HD file now. Hope it doesn't take 5 hours like the email said it could, lol.

It's going at 80 kb/s :facepalm:

3 hours :LOL:

Did they? Of there's hope yet then. I wasn't neat the front at Teignmouth and was with people who had already heard the album anyway!

Uprising and USoE were okay, they had been released. Resistance, Undisclosed Desires and Unnatural Selection was poor.

I do see what you mean. For example though, Animals has been compared to Paranoid Android and that hardly invokes mass-pogoing. Sometimes the vibe is enough.

Bloody hell, lol. I've hit 'download now' and nothing has happened for about five minutes! I hope it's cos of the size and not connection problems, which I've been having often thanks to shite broadband/WiFi.

Their servers must be creaking under the strain. Took a couple of minutes for my code to be accepted, and, about three minutes and counting waiting for the download to actually start. Edit: See I'm not alone. Grrrr :rolleyes:

I had the same delay when I put my code in and then after a few minutes the download button appeared.

HOWEVER, I've been waiting over an hour now on a good connection but as yet, nothing has started downloading. I had a server not responding error a few times and had to re-click but still nothing even starting... :(

I had the same delay when I put my code in and then after a few minutes the download button appeared.

HOWEVER, I've been waiting over an hour now on a good connection but as yet, nothing has started downloading. I had a server not responding error a few times and had to re-click but still nothing even starting... :(

Jeeesus, an hour :stunned: I'm just gonna leave my MacBook on all night then in the hopes that it eventually begins. I wouldn't be hugely surprised to wake up and find it still hasn't started after 7 hours :facepalm:

Oh, and I just use FLAC to MP3 converter, which seems to work fine for me. Hope it doesn't do anything to the song quality (don't see why it should but I'm a n00b with this stuff). Good luck and good night all!

Oh, and I just use FLAC to MP3 converter, which seems to work fine for me. Hope it doesn't do anything to the song quality (don't see why it should but I'm a n00b with this stuff). Good luck and good night all!

Why did you just pay for FLAC quality then compress it?

Oh dear.

As I said people, boottunes is your friend.

Oh, and I just use FLAC to MP3 converter, which seems to work fine for me. Hope it doesn't do anything to the song quality (don't see why it should but I'm a n00b with this stuff).

To an audiophile, this would be like recording a blu-ray on to VHS and then watching it! OK, maybe not quite as bad but you are losing the pristine quality by going from FLAC to MP3.

I guess no harm if you don't notice it and don't have a particulary good sound system to listen to it on!

And yes, over an hour now and nothing yet... and it's late... and I have work in the morning... bed I think!

I was a bit impatient and restarted the download a few times to see if it would start. Then the one time it seems to go through I get a page saying I had already downloaded it the maximum amount of times! :'(

The page where I input my code still shows 0 out of 3 times downloaded though.

Archived