Hi my name is MandaF and I'm an addict....:$

I am sure I am not the only one here who desperately wants to listen to the new songs, but is determined to be strong and wait it out until the album is released. I thought it might be fun to start 'The Resistance' - for those of us who are addicted to Muse and need help to be strong and resist the urge to give in and listen to the new songs/ footage.

I haven't read all the posts on the T2L discussion thread, or the new one (Cologne..) from last night. But its so hard....:(

EDIT: A plea to those have listened, don't come here trying to ruin our resolve!

I am sure I am not the only one here who desperately wants to listen to the new songs, but is determined to be strong and wait it out until the album is released. I thought it might be fun to start 'The Resistance' - for those of us who are addicted to Muse and need help to be strong and resist the urge to give in and listen to the new songs/ footage.

I haven't read all the posts on the T2L discussion thread, or the new one (Cologne..) from last night. But its so hard....:(

Ah, you should listen to Supremacy... Such a Musey song with lots of falsetto and riffs. :awesome:

EDIT: A plea to those have listened, don't come here trying to ruin our resolve!

I belong in this thread somewhat. :p I listened to 2 minutes of Panic Station, 20 seconds of Save Me and 30 seconds of a dodgy quality recording of Follow Me. So my resolve isn't as strong as it was for the last album, but I'm still holding out - especially for Supremacy.

Hi! Actually it's quite easy, just block the websites that could lead to listening the new songs:

Step 1

Go to the Start menu. Open "All Programs." Go to "Accessories." Click on the command prompt tool. This will open a DOS-based pop-up that various commands can be typed into.

Step 2

In the field, type: "notepad C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts." Press "Enter." This will produce a notepad document on your screen.

Step 3

Skim the file and locate "127.0.0.1 localhost."

Step 4

Type 127.0.0.1, and then the web address you want to block directly underneath the localhost line. Repeat, creating a list of sites you want to block. Your list might look like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost

127.0.0.1 board.muse.mu

127.0.0.1 http://www.youtube.com

127.0.0.1 http://www.etcetc.com

Step 5

Go to the file dropdown menu in the upper left corner of the notepad document. Choose to save the additions to the notepad to make the changes take effect.

Of course if you're strong enough to resist, you don't need to block them :) And you might think that it doesn't work when you do it to yourself... well, it's up to you. One of my friends from university blocked facebook.com for the time he had to study for exams and it worked, he concentrated more to study :)

Actually I'm on the same boat with you and I'm planning to not listen to the new songs until I get the album in my hands. Just listen to old Muse or other cool songs in the meantime. Afterall, music doesn't go bad when you don't listen to it immediately (especially when the new songs are some bad quality live clips). What's a week to wait when you'we already waited a whole summer? Nothing :rolleyes:

You can't resiiiiiiiist~!

You caaaan't resiiiist!

I can bloody try! :p

Hi! Actually it's quite easy, just block the websites that could lead to listening the new songs:

Actually I'm on the same boat with you and I'm planning to not listen to the new songs until I get the album in my hands. Just listen to old Muse or other cool songs in the meantime. Afterall, music doesn't go bad when you don't listen to it immediately (especially when the new songs are some bad quality live clips). What's a week to wait when you'we already waited a whole summer? Nothing :rolleyes:

So far you are my first Resistance member. Welcome! We can be strong!

Never fear, The Resistance is here! .... Yeah, I see the door.

I refrained from listening to any tracks from myself until release day. This time around, I've heard madness + survival so far, but I'll wait till Friday for the rest!

A thread in your name :D.

Yeah, me too. Released songs and singles don't count as far as my rules go; I have heard Unsustainable too. Which Friday do you mean? I don't get my hands on the album until Monday 1st :(

I am on the same boat!But the songs that have been recorded -are they full songs??I am sooo temptedd!!Cant wait another week!!:(need help!!!Cant belive other Musers have given in already!

Yes, full songs, performed brilliantly live :supersad: My kids keep trying to give me information and I am resisting. I am strong. I will not be defeated, and neither should you. Imagine how wonderful listening to the album will be in just over a weeks' time when everyone else has lost out on that experience because they have listened in early :happy::phu:

The Resistance!!!

Yes, full songs, performed brilliantly live :supersad: My kids keep trying to give me information and I am resisting. I am strong. I will not be defeated, and neither should you. Imagine how wonderful listening to the album will be in just over a weeks' time when everyone else has lost out on that experience because they have listened in early :happy::phu:

The Resistance!!!

We need to stick together!dman this will be hard tho!!Just hate when others have something that i dont.But your right!No point rushing into it now and regretting later.Always best to wait.Feel like a virgin :$

Yay, a thread where I can go without the fear of being spoilered too much :awesome: I want the full impact on the day of release...only 6 more sleeps to go

Are you in one of those countries that gets the album on the 28th? :( I don't understand why we in the UK have to wait a full 2 days later :'(

EDIT: By creating this thread I commit to not reading any other threads pertaining to the 'new stuff', which in itself is going be really painful!

:D:D

We need to stick together!dman this will be hard tho!!Just hate when others have something that i dont.But your right!No point rushing into it now and regretting later.Always best to wait.Feel like a virgin :$

Me: A virgin, no :pope: Waiting for the album, totally :D:yesey:

One of the few perks when it comes to entertainment in NZ, you get most releases before everyone else. Tours on the other hand...if they come, with my luck the dates will fall on exam days anyway :facepalm:

Here in Finland it's coming out next friday (28th September)

You two can't be part of this club after next Friday :phu:

Seriously, we need filler ideas to get us through - can we discuss our hopes for the new album, what we like about old albums, our preferred setlists, general stuff? Bearing in mind we haven't heard anything yet - right?

EDIT (to Mods) : this is different to other threads as we are 'the resistance' who haven't heard the new songs

Archived