I don't actually mind reading about the songs. I've already seen a dozen magazine previews.

Me neither. I have heard loads about the songs and am really excited that the reviews have been amazing - particularly from the fans on here. Its going to be so cool listening to them in a week's time!

What is happening tomorrow? There is talk of live streaming or something? What does that mean? That might test my resolve, a lot!

a stream of the album seems to be confirmed for tomorrow. Zane Lowe will play it at 7pm, UK time. i don't know wether it's the whole album or just some songs, but i think it's worth listening as they will be (more or less) lossless quality studio versions. and after it's played on the radio, well...it'll be all over the internet. (not to mention it's probably going to be streamed here on mu, as well)

a stream of the album seems to be confirmed for tomorrow. Zane Lowe will play it at 7pm, UK time. i don't know wether it's the whole album or just some songs, but i think it's worth listening as they will be (more or less) lossless quality studio versions. and after it's played on the radio, well...it'll be all over the internet. (not to mention it's probably going to be streamed here on mu, as well)

After listening to 320kbps Madness a dozen times, the radio quality sounded tragic.

Radio quality =/= good quality.

After listening to 320kbps Madness a dozen times, the radio quality sounded tragic.

You sold out!

Well, if anything is going to make me give in this will. If they are streaming the album tracks (studio versions) I will quit The Resistance :$

EDIT: No, I am still going to wait. I think.

There is no quality loss, it's the best kind of quality you can get.

It basically just means that the audio is lossless, and you can just think lossless audio as a best possible audio quality.

Ahh, I see. I guess the clue is in the word! Thanks.

Do you think I am being daft waiting for the album before I listen? My 16 yr old son wants to wait too, but I feel like we are swimming against the tide now!

I keep hearing that term, what does it mean?

Just means that the files in lossless quality/format are uncompressed.

You'll find that .FLAC and .wav files are way bigger than .mp3 files. That's because .mp3 are compressed in order to be smaller, therefore there's a bit of quality loss.

Ahh, I see. I guess the clue is in the word! Thanks.

Do you think I am being daft waiting for the album before I listen? My 16 yr old son wants to wait too, but I feel like we are swimming against the tide now!

No problem. :happy:

I'd say you should just do what you want. If you want to wait until the album is officially released, go ahead. Don't let others force you into anything.

Do you think I am being daft waiting for the album before I listen? y 16 yr old son wants to wait too, but I feel like we are swimming against the tide now!

Nope, I'm doing the same. It'd just feel more special to have the boxset and physical album when I listen to it for the first time. Plus, if I wait, I can create an atmosphere for myself and experience the whole thing in the way I find most enjoyable :happy:

Just means that the files in lossless quality/format are uncompressed.

You'll find that .FLAC and .wav files are way bigger than .mp3 files. That's because .mp3 are compressed in order to be smaller, therefore there's a bit of quality loss.

Huh? :LOL: I am so lost there!!

I'll join the resistance. During the album The Resistance I listened to the new songs that were played in Teignmouth on YouTube and afterwards I felt sorry because it ruined listening to TR for the first time a bit.

This is really hard though...

Nope, I'm doing the same. It'd just feel more special to have the boxset and physical album when I listen to it for the first time. Plus, if I wait, I can create an atmosphere for myself and experience the whole thing in the way I find most enjoyable :happy:

Cool. So you haven't listened to the songs yet either? It's really hard for me as I can't read any of the main threads!

I'll join the resistance. During the album The Resistance I listened to the new songs that were played in Teignmouth on YouTube and afterwards I felt sorry because it ruined listening to TR for the first time a bit.

This is really hard though...

I SOOOOO is!!! One week to go - it will fly by :rolleyes: *sigh*.

Cool. So you haven't listened to the songs yet either? It's really hard for me as I can't read any of the main threads!

I've listened to the live versions of Follow Me and Animals in full once, about half of Panic Station, a tiny bit of Supremacy and about one line of Save Me. I'm not listening to Isolated System or any of the studio songs tomorrow though. I don't mind going into the main threads because the descriptions of it don't really spoil much for me, it's just like reading the old magazine descriptions :chuckle:

Archived