Basically, the more compressed something's sound is, the more detail (or dynamics) is lost. So if something's as uncompressed as it can be, you're hearing everything as clearly as possible. Does that make sense? :chuckle:

I get what you're saying, but a more compressed audio file keeps its dynamics, it just uses less bytes per second and therefore sounds like less quality. Kind of like seeing a video with a lower resolution, less pixels per area.

I've listened to the live versions of Follow Me and Animals in full once, about half of Panic Station, a tiny bit of Supremacy and about one line of Save Me. I'm not listening to Isolated System or any of the studio songs tomorrow though. I don't mind going into the main threads because the descriptions of it don't really spoil much for me, it's just like reading the old magazine descriptions :chuckle:

I feel better now. I was avoiding those threads because I thought the comments would skew my first impressions, but you are right - they won't.

It's good to have a support group :chuckle: I have heard Madness, Unsustainable and Survival of course, but that's it, nothing else before the album comes out.

Yes! It will be awesome to listen to the album, full volume, surround sound for the first time. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas day.

I just listened to Panic Station. :'( The good news is that it was incredible. I'm so happy they decided to take that road.

I have no massive craving to listen to the other songs, though. I don't even want to touch Isolated System.

You DID give in. Tut. :mad:

Agreed. I just renamed it, but I'm open to better thread titles for it since I'm not very imaginative with this sort of thing. :$

Really? It survived this long and now you feel the need to rename it? Seriously think that is a bit pathetic. I quit.

This one is great!

Cool!

Really? It survived this long and now you feel the need to rename it? Seriously think that is a bit pathetic. I quit.

I just added some words for clarification, but kept the theme. :erm:

Aside from that, I'm proud of you guys for resisting! I, on the other hand, do not have such willpower with this stuff. :LOL:

ThanksEdeslash.

I feel really quite offended by this - why do you (mods) feel that you can take over my thread title? Surely the posters here are intelligent enough to understand the play on words? Grrrrrrrr :mad:

We edit the titles on many threads that are here for the sake of clarity, not just yours. We reserve the right to remove, edit, delete or close any thread or post.

Crying out loud. I get a warning? I am probably the most timid user here and just for trying to stick up for myself I get a telling off. Ok.

Go talk to the mods if you want the thread changed again instead of posting on the thread.

A warning for that was a bit much though :erm:

The warning was for publicly arguing with a staff member. It doesn't apply to just talking about infractions, but thread modifications as well. I would have responded much better had Manda just PMd me in a calm manner. I honestly did not think you'd freak out with a thread title change.

The warning is just a warning, it carries no point value. It could have been a PM, but there would be no record of the conversation for the other moderators to read over and refer back to for documentation, or to decide if more actions were necessary. So it was for records' sake. If you receive a warning or an infraction and wish to question it, contact a mod rather than complain about it publicly. MandaF, you risk an infraction bringing this out publicly.

I'm sorry to be the heavy here, but I was just trying to help. I figured clarifying the title would bring more like-minded individuals to this thread. I know many people that are trying to avoid any spoilers and this would be a great place for them.

Now, can we all drop this and get back on topic?

The warning was for publicly arguing with a staff member. It doesn't apply to just talking about infractions, but thread modifications as well. I would have responded much better had Manda just PMd me in a calm manner. I honestly did not think you'd freak out with a thread title change.

The warning is just a warning, it carries no point value. It could have been a PM, but there would be no record of the conversation for the other moderators to read over and refer back to for documentation, or to decide if more actions were necessary. So it was for records' sake. If you receive a warning or an infraction and wish to question it, contact a mod rather than complain about it publicly. MandaF, you risk an infraction bringing this out publicly.

I'm sorry to be the heavy here, but I was just trying to help. I figured clarifying the title would bring more like-minded individuals to this thread. I know many people that are trying to avoid any spoilers and this would be a great place for them.

Now, can we all drop this and get back on topic?

You should have PM'ed this information if you don't want people (Mandy) to argue publicly.

Good luck with "resisting". Personally I don't see the point.

Archived