Obviously your presence on this board far exceeds mine, and I know this is a bit of a generic retort -- but if that's how you really feel, then why spend so much time here? Genuinely curious.

Why do people think this is a clever question?

"YOU DON'T LIKE EVERYTHING THEY DO, WHY ARE YOU HERE?!"

Why do people think this is a clever question?

"YOU DON'T LIKE EVERYTHING THEY DO, WHY ARE YOU HERE?!"

Once again, though I recognize it's a generic question, I'm genuinely curious. Meaning I'm not trying to be clever or have some petty argument. I'm wholly intrigued as to why someone who feels that way about a band would feel compelled to spend a lot of time on their message board, and so I'm asking you in hopes that I'll gain insight.

Once again, though I recognize it's a generic question, I'm genuinely curious. Meaning I'm not trying to be clever or have some petty argument. I'm wholly intrigued as to why someone who feels that way about a band would feel compelled to spend a lot of time on their message board, and so I'm asking you in hopes that I'll gain insight.

...because why would I praise them for something I don't agree with or like? I still like (most of) their music, but if I don't like it I'm not going to be all like "I LOVE EVERY SONG ON THIS ALBUM, IT'S ALL SO PERFECT".

I genuinely don't see what's so hard to understand.

I still like (most of) their music

By saying "Credit where credit is due" in response to several people telling you you're usually negative, you seemed to be indicating that you dislike most of what the band has to offer. If you like most of their music, fair enough. I'm not suggesting blind positivity is necessary to being a fan, of course that's ridiculous.

By saying "Credit where credit is due" in response to several people telling you you're usually negative, you seemed to be indicating that you dislike most of what the band has to offer. If you like most of their music, fair enough. I'm not suggesting blind positivity is necessary to being a fan, of course that's ridiculous.

That's because people can't or won't read.

I can find a number of posts where I'm defending this album and expressing positive opinions about gigs I've been to etc.

Archived