Seems to be. For instance, best alternative has been given to Lana Del Ray in a category that included Arctic Monkeys, The Black Keys & Jack White. I mean - really?

It's just a bunch of over-respected, over-paid fuckwits sitting around and picking vaguely and shallowly categorized popular music out of a hat, and matching it with a vaguely relevant award.

I'm finding it hard to get excited about the prospect of Muse (or other acts I like) winning when shit like Bieber, Minaj and One Direction win awards at these things (I can honestly say I have never heard a Taylor Swift song)

As you say, winning alongside Justin Bieber, is hardly anything to shout about in any case. I expect they were a bit disappointed though. Hardly seemed worth the effort of the performance. Anyway, better things tomorrow evening.

And back on topic, it was all voted. So it doesn't really matter if it's the Live Award, the fans are simply voting for T Swift, no matter what category it is. The same goes for "Best Look" (dat category :rolleyes:)

You say this as if Muse fans are above this?

It's just a bunch of over-respected, over-paid fuckwits sitting around and picking vaguely and shallowly categorized popular music out of a hat, and matching it with a vaguely relevant award.

Isn't it based on fan votes?

Also, Lana Del Rey is fucking amazing.

Unfortunately yes. It's generally intolerable though.

Then it shouldn't come as news really :LOL:

Nobody except Bieber and Taylor Swift fans and alike watch (or care about) MTV so I suppose it's not really surprising that they are the ones awarded.

It's never been about the 'best' anyway.

He/She said while watching MTV to see if Muse won anything.

Nah - if Muse had won it wouldn't have changed the fact the vast majority of what MTV show is fucking terrible. If anything it would've been the exception.

It's just funny how it suddenly doesn't matter that they didn't win...because it's a shit award...with shit music....and shit fans...

But still everyone cares so fucking much :chuckle: The fact that you even watched more than Muse's performance proves it.

He/She said while watching MTV to see if Muse won anything.
Exactly, that was my point. I watched MTV only to see if Muse won+their performance, the rest of the time I just don't bother (do they even have anything other than reality shows?). Isn't it the same with everyone else here? I don't think Bieber fans, for example, will say the same!

Exactly, that was my point. I watched MTV only to see if Muse won, the rest of the time I just don't bother (do they even have anything other than reality shows?). Isn't it the same with everyone else here? I don't think Bieber fans, for example, will say the same!

But why would you care if they won something if you don't care about the awards or even watch the channel?

To say that only Bieber fans watch MTV, while watching MTV to see if Muse won an award from a channel that you apparently don't care about is just too funny.

Archived