What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

Neither... "Yes I know I can be wrong, and maybe you're too headstrong."

But it doesn't have sense. Matt is apologizing in the song, why would call her "headstrong"

It's "Yes I know I can be wrong, and maybe/baby you're too headstrong"

Same as above

I don't see a question.

Anyway, "I need to love" and "I know I can be wrong, and maybe I'm too headstrong"

Could be "you're to headstrong", but makes no sense lyrically imo.

I forgot the ? :(

Agreed

Who wrote those lyrics on the .mu page? :LOL:

But it doesn't have sense. Matt is apologizing in the song, why would call her "headstrong"

Because in relationships there is usually blame in both parties.

Besides that line is followed by

"our life is madness"

i.e. Matt is a clueless bloke who's wrong, Kate is headstrong, their life is Madness.

I don't see a question.

Anyway, "I need to love" and "I know I can be wrong, and maybe I'm too headstrong"

Could be "you're to headstrong", but makes no sense lyrically imo.

Why would it make no sense in your opinion? I'm hearing you're not I'm.

Because in relationships there is usually blame in both parties.

Besides that line is followed by

"our life is madness"

i.e. Matt is a clueless bloke who's wrong, Kate is headstrong, their life is Madness.

Isn't it "our love is madness"?

For a song that is supposed to have straight forward lyrics, I can't remember ever having this much debate. :LOL: Perhaps it is because we are expecting straight forward lyrics.

Why would it make no sense in your opinion? I'm hearing you're not I'm.
I'll get back to you on that as soon as I can bother to listen to it again.

For a song that is supposed to have straight forward lyrics, I can't remember ever having this much debate. :LOL: Perhaps it is because we are expecting straight forward lyrics.

We're not exactly debating a deeper meaning of the song though. The lyrics are straight forward no matter which side is right. :erm:

Yeah you're right, "To headstrong" doesn't make any sense. "Too headstrong" on the other hand... :p

fak u

I hear 'cause I know, I can be wrong, and maybe you're too head strong'

Yes, this. And I don't think of this song as apology. He's coming to the realization that neither of them are perfect, but that's the way it is when you're in a real relationship. It's not all unicorns and rainbows. It's normal to have petty arguments, but in the end it doesn't matter because love conquers all innit.

Deep, man.

Or the more you hear something can make you dislike it even more. That has certainly happened for me with certain songs.

I'm a solid "first impression" kind of girl. :p Either a song will pique my interest or excite me in some way, or it wont. If it DOES, then that will only become more intense with more listens. Music I don't like upon first listen rarely "grows" on me. Muse gets no "special treatment" from me. I'm not going to TRY to like Madness just because it's Muse. And while I'm hoping there's at least two or three great songs on the new album, I can already tell it's likely going to lack cohesiveness and flow, which will make listening to the album in it's entirety a chore. The good songs may very well be eclipsed by the mediocre ones and not be as enjoyable. That's what The Resistance is like for me anyway.

When they hit their early 40's, Muse will probably have a mid-life crisis and write another heavy OoS/Abso type album. I hope they do anyway. :LOL:

I'm hearing that, too. I don't get why the lyrics are such a big deal, lol.

I do love the song, but I can't understand at all how Matt could claim it's the best song he's written/his favourite/whatever it is he said, lol. It's very simple. That's not meant in a derogatory way, but just that it's not 'traditional' Muse - i.e. layered in sounds, reaching an epic climax etc. I suppose that's what I personally like, but I'm surprised he's gone for this, lol.

I thought he'd be more proud of the more epic, signature songs like Bliss, New Born or even Exogenesis etc - the ones that are a real measure of his talents as a songwriter and musician. This song isn't at that scale at all, imo. Maybe he's proud that he could produce something so stripped back and different. It's good, but by no means their best work, imo. Sorry Chris Martin :p.

I thought he'd be more proud of the more epic, signature songs like Bliss, New Born or even Exogenesis etc - the ones that are a real measure of his talents as a songwriter and musician. This song isn't at that scale at all, imo. Maybe he's proud that he could produce something so stripped back and different. It's good, but by no means their best work, imo. Sorry Chris Martin :p.

Kind of makes you wonder what they've both been smoking, doesn't it? :LOL:

'Maybe I'm too headstrong' that's what I always hear and what makes sense lyrically as well. There aren't many 'baby's in Muse songs, so in case of doubt, I always go for the non baby option :p

We should make Matt unhappy. Maybe then he writes us another OoS. :ninja::p
Or he could write more NSC ;) (I like it but it's not exactly their best material).

Let the man be happy, he doesn't fit the 'tortured arteeeeeste' profile anyway :p

the thing that really disturbs me about Madness is that a lot of people who are not Muse fan will hear it and will have the idea that Muse is 'pop', that Muse makes only this kind of music. will have in their mind this song and Undisclosed Desires.

and Starlight, if we are lucky enough.

Archived