What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

the thing that really disturbs me about Madness is that a lot of people who are not Muse fan will hear it and will have the idea that Muse is 'pop', that Muse makes only this kind of music. will have in their mind this song and Undisclosed Desires.

and Starlight, if we are lucky enough.

why is this an issue? if they like muse enough to explore their catalogue they'll quickly find out that they don't make only this kind of music..

they wouldn't even have to look far... all they have to do is listen to any one of the other tracks on the album.. supremacy, animals, panic station, liquid state and unsustainable

the thing that really disturbs me about Madness is that a lot of people who are not Muse fan will hear it and will have the idea that Muse is 'pop', that Muse makes only this kind of music. will have in their mind this song and Undisclosed Desires.

"This song and Undisclosed Desires" are both better than Starlight. Also Muse's big hit on TR was Uprising. That's why when people play one of their songs or ask for them to play a song it used to always be Uprising. UD didn't do that well on the charts.

I'm sorry, but reading the last couple of pages is annoying me. What are some of you listening to this with? He clearly says, "I can be wrong, and maybe you're too headstrong. Our love is madness." It's sung quite clearly. The only questionable thing for me is whether he says, "I need your love," or "I need to love." I really think it's "your," but he sort of says it like "jyour," causing some to think they hear a "t". I could be wrong.

I'm sorry, but reading the last couple of pages is annoying me. What are some of you listening to this with? He clearly says, "I can be wrong, and maybe you're too headstrong. Our love is madness." It's sung quite clearly. The only questionable thing for me is whether he says, "I need your love," or "I need to love." I really think it's "your," but he sort of says it like "jyour," causing some to think they hear a "t". I could be wrong.

But you could've been right.

But if Liquid State was the first single people might get the idea that they're rock.

No idea what the second half of that post means btw. But I can tell that it's very close-minded.

Really, what kind of fucking logic is that? People might think that Muse are pop?

yeah well, if they expect the rest of Muse's discography to sound the same, they will either be disappointed or pleasantly surprised. In either case, what's the problem? If they're disappointed they wouldn't like Muse's other material anyway and it has nothing to do with Madness or any other popular song.

And if you're trying to say that "if we're lucky they will keep to songs like Starlight and Undisclosed Desires", then you have a very sad view on music in general.

Lol a stupid guy on a facebook group seriously thinks that all the post-Abso albums are Warner-driven towards a more mainstream sound, and specifically Madness is the example of all this because he "couldn't believe that a talented guitarist like Matt suddenly started messing around with synths" :LOL:

Every Queen Song Ever

Well I wouldn't say "every" but yes of course it has twinges of Queen. Although Queen would be kickass and do the choir themselves and then pull it off live. Pure awesomeness.

"couldn't believe that a talented guitarist like Matt suddenly started messing around with synths" :LOL:

:confused:

That's bullshit to me.

Personally, Madness is like a great restart for me as a Muse fan. I feel like it's Showbiz era all over again. In my mind, Showbiz is one of the most underrated pop/alternative rock debut albums of all-time.

Muse will always be 'pop', 'indie rock', 'alternative rock', 'rock' whatever they pretend to be ... and lately 'synth/eletro-pop' ...

Lol a stupid guy on a facebook group seriously thinks that all the post-Abso albums are Warner-driven towards a more mainstream sound, and specifically Madness is the example of all this because he "couldn't believe that a talented guitarist like Matt suddenly started messing around with synths" :LOL:

Probably a Radiohead fan too. Oh the irony, at least Matt won't be playing with knobs the whole gig.

Trolololol

Archived