What do you think of Madness  

800 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Madness

• It's freaking amazing!
    • Pretty good. Decent pop song.
    • Tolerable, but me-me-me-meh.
    • I feel ill. Make it go away.

considering the average male baritone is E2 to E4 that's pretty impressive.
Oh please stop :LOL:

Let me guess, you googled vocal ranges and found the wikipedia site? E2-E4 is the ranges that baritones are used for in classical music. It's the notes they are expected to be able to reach for their parts.

Like what?

And what part of your argument did I ignore?

You didn't actually, I just didn't see it :LOL:

Well, for one when we were talking about Chino Morreno's screaming and comparing them to Matt, you said that Matt's technique was better based off the fact that he didn't damage his throat doing it without taking into account that Moreno's were much more frequent and in at a more difficult pitch. I guess that depends on if you'd count that as singing or not though. it's still a vocal performance though.

Oh please stop :LOL:

Let me guess, you googled vocal ranges and found the wikipedia site? E2-E4 is the ranges that baritones are used for in classical music. It's the notes they are expected to be able to reach for their parts.

No, I've been singing semi professionally for about four years.

although to be fair, classically.

On that note, if you wanna keep this up I've made a thread :phu:

You didn't actually, I just didn't see it :LOL:

Well, for one when we were talking about Chino Morreno's screaming and comparing them to Matt, you said that Matt's technique was better based off the fact that he didn't damage his throat doing it without taking into account that Moreno's were much more frequent and in at a more difficult pitch. I guess that depends on if you'd count that as singing or not though. it's still a vocal performance though.

Chino damaged his voice from every scream though. I'm not just talking about the end result of years of constant screaming.

No, I've been singing semi professionally for about four years.

So? :erm:

How do you think they measured the average range of a baritone? First of all, most people judge voice type from the range. The range required for a part in a song. Baritone parts require a certain range, therefore people with that range get assigned the voice type "baritone". So obviously the average range will be that...

But if we just take the average of every persons range...then you have to realise that non-singers lack the technique to take advantage of their range. So obviously non singers are gonna bring down the average simply because of faulty technique, even though they would span a much wider range with a little training.

Then you have the fact that no one has actually performed a study on the average range of neither people in general or singers.

So that's the next news worthy thing I'm guessing?

I'd say either the music video date, a physical release date, or the Battersea gig if it's legit.

Weird, I actually remember it coming out after the album. I wasn't really keeping up to date with stuff then though.

On YouTube, yes. I don't really remember when the video was first shown though. I just remember coming home from school one day and watching it

On YouTube, yes. I don't really remember when the video was first shown though. I just remember coming home from school one day and watching it

I don't remember either. Now I was wondering about when the 30 second previews are going to come out... Was it a month before the release of The Resistance last time?

In my late night ramblings i was thinking of the lyrics of madness in a new perspective :$ maybe this song isn't for Matt's girlfriend maybe it was written for us muse fans, because our love for muse is sometimes madness because even though we love the band and the crazy things they do. They make us have crazy fights but after all our love for muse is madness. Maybe madness is the song about how muse see their fanbase :eek:

In my late night ramblings i was thinking of the lyrics of madness in a new perspective :$ maybe this song isn't for Matt's girlfriend maybe it was written for us muse fans, because our love for muse is sometimes madness because even though we love the band and the crazy things they do. They make us have crazy fights but after all our love for muse is madness. Maybe madness is the song about how muse see their fanbase :eek:

If anything, I think you're the "mad" one. :LOL: Chill, don't take what Matt sings to heart. :kiss:

Anyways regarding the lyrics if it's "maybe you're too headstrong", then I like how it looks at both sides of the relationship.

But doesn't really make sense to call your lover headstrong if you were actually apologizing. So m-m-m-m-m-mehhh.

Chino damaged his voice from every scream though. I'm not just talking about the end result of years of constant screaming.

Yeah and I'm pretty sure the way Matt screamed wasn't doing him any favours, but it was far to irregular to take much affect. He'd scream what, twice a show and then a few extra at the end? Most people would be okay with that.

So? :erm:

How do you think they measured the average range of a baritone? First of all, most people judge voice type from the range. The range required for a part in a song. Baritone parts require a certain range, therefore people with that range get assigned the voice type "baritone". So obviously the average range will be that...

Maybe I'm misreading this, but I'm struggling to find the point of this paragraph and how it supports your argument.

But if we just take the average of every persons range...then you have to realise that non-singers lack the technique to take advantage of their range. So obviously non singers are gonna bring down the average simply because of faulty technique, even though they would span a much wider range with a little training.

that is of course correct, but do we just take the average of every persons range? Most people I know who have no singing experience or natural talent can barely reach one and a half octaves with falsetto, whereas I know some professional singers who have up to five octaves at their disposal. It's interesting, but i still can't see the relevance.

Sorry if I totally misunderstood you, I'm very tired and I'm reading a lot of things wrong.

Obviously, that's not actually what he wrote it about but it's funny how well it actually works :chuckle:

What makes you think that's what that means?

Because I'm not sure why else I'd sing of "Yes I know, I can be wrong" before "and maybe you're too headstrong", before being followed by hence, "our love is madness". Unless I'm not getting the proper English meaning right. :stunned:

Is "our love is madness" grammatically correct?

Because I'm not sure why else I'd sing of "Yes I know, I can be wrong" before "and maybe you're too headstrong", before being followed by hence, "our love is madness". Unless I'm not getting the proper English meaning right. :stunned:

I think he's singing about the relationship in a non linear fashion, in which case your to headstrong actually fits in perfectly.

and yes it is.

I thought he said "maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm too head strong" not "youre too head strong"

Hadn't we figured that it's baby you're to headstrong?

Actually no. I think FabriPav previously posted Tom confirmed that it was Maybe, not Baby. The only matter is if it's I'm too headstrong or you're too headstrong, methinks.

And I'm quite sure its "I can be wrong" and not "I may be wrong".

@IamTheUniverse88 - Concentrate on Matt's lower voice. That's the reason why many people are saying it's you're.

EDIT : And is it "Trust in a dream" or "just in a dream"? :stunned:

Actually no. I think FabriPav previously posted Tom confirmed that it was Maybe, not Baby. The only matter is if it's I'm too headstrong or you're too headstrong, methinks.

And I'm quite sure its "I can be wrong" and not "I may be wrong".

He isnt saying "maybe youre too head strong" it doesnt work in the context of the song. At the end he is realising that he is to blame in the argument too, and that it's because he is so head strong and doesnt think all the time. Calling her head strong is rude lol

He isnt saying "maybe youre too head strong" it doesnt work in the context of the song. At the end he is realising that he is to blame in the argument too, and that it's because he is so head strong and doesnt think all the time. Calling her head strong is rude lol

Why wouldn't that work in the context...?

Archived