The 'Muse Should Cover A Queen Song' thread

Beepee

they shouldn't as covers usually are worse than the original and queen are awful and overrated

that is actually what i was trying to say... when i said something else. but generally my point is muse should not cover queen. muse would not do it well because queen are a bit crap. and muse need good songs to cover.

my god, you guys have absolutely no taste whatsoever. listen to their 70s albums - everything from queen to jazz - PARTICULARLY queenII/sheer heart attack/night at the opera/news of the world, which are my favourites - and i DEFY you to still state that they are "crap and overrated". fact is they were one of the most brilliant bands of the 70s, and one of the greatest bands of all time.

i also think matt's voice would be eminently suited to "lap of the gods" - just imagine...

"i can seeeee whaaaat yooooou waant me to beeeeee..... but i'm no fool...."

that would kick ass!!

my god, you guys have absolutely no taste whatsoever. listen to their 70s albums - everything from queen to jazz - PARTICULARLY queenII/sheer heart attack/night at the opera/news of the world, which are my favourites - and i DEFY you to still state that they are "crap and overrated". fact is they were one of the most brilliant bands of the 70s, and one of the greatest bands of all time.

i also think matt's voice would be eminently suited to "lap of the gods" - just imagine...

"i can seeeee whaaaat yooooou waant me to beeeeee..... but i'm no fool...."

that would kick ass!!

Agreed. 70s Queen = complete genius.

I'd like them to do Lap of the Gods revisited too.

I'm sure I said it earlier in this thread but...

Innuendo x1834597569769677

It's got Muse written all over it! I played it to a friend once and one of the first comments was "Muse could cover this".

• 1 month later...

I think maybe the show must go on, its a hard life, in fact I think they would do quite an interesting twist on any Queen song, and could pull it off with style I am sure, although Freddie/Queen are a hard act to follow, but it would be well interesting if they did, and a challenge, There is a influence of Freddie coming through Matt's vocals, I can hear it esp in his harmonies, so DO IT!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived